Legalizing Marijuana In California Could Increase State Pot Prices
Marijuana games in S.F. aim to change stoner stereotypes
SAN FRANCISCO — Students, accountants, businessmen, housewives and many others in green T-shirts and all wearing the number 420 raced Saturday to change the stereotypical images of marijuana smokers as lazy and lethargic stoners who binge on junk food.
More than 300 people came from throughout the San Francisco Bay Area to participate in the 420 Games, an effort to stop the stigmatization of cannabis use through athletic events.
"People who use marijuana have been classified as dumb, lazy, stupid people and with this race we're showing them we're not what they say we are," said Jim McAlpine, a snowboard company executive who founded the events last year. "We want to show them we are motivated, athletic members of society."
The origins of the number 420 as a code for marijuana are murky, but fans have long marked April 20 as a day to enjoy pot and call for increased legal access to the drug.
Yodas Brain (Indica)
Michigan House Unveils Brand-New Medical Marijuana Provisioning Centers Act
Superman OG (Indica)
- 190,613 Views Category: Odd
- 149,923 Views Category: Fun
- 139,413 Views Category: Culture
- 100,121 Views Category: Culture
- 98,730 Views Category: Culture
- 98,665 Views Category: Fun
- 79,430 Views Category: Culture
- 77,649 Views Category: Odd
- 69,514 Views Category: Fun
- 62,648 Views Category: Fun