Montel Williams to push for medical marijuana
Delegate Dan Morhaim said Williams, who is a multiple sclerosis patient, is scheduled to attend a news conference in Annapolis on Monday.
Morhaim, a Baltimore County Democrat, and Sen. David Brinkley, a Frederick County Republican, plan to introduce a measure to allow marijuana to be used under well-defined circumstances for bona fide medical purposes.
In 2003, Maryland approved a law limiting sentencing to a $100 fine for people who use marijuana if they have a medical excuse. But critics of that law say it still drives people whose pain could be alleviated by marijuana into alleys to buy from drug dealers.
- 183,961 Views Category: Odd
- 144,862 Views Category: Fun
- 134,881 Views Category: Culture
- 92,520 Views Category: Culture
- 92,015 Views Category: Fun
- 90,893 Views Category: Culture
- 73,529 Views Category: Culture
- 71,167 Views Category: Odd
- 63,644 Views Category: Fun
- 56,493 Views Category: Fun