Montel Williams to push for medical marijuana
Delegate Dan Morhaim said Williams, who is a multiple sclerosis patient, is scheduled to attend a news conference in Annapolis on Monday.
Morhaim, a Baltimore County Democrat, and Sen. David Brinkley, a Frederick County Republican, plan to introduce a measure to allow marijuana to be used under well-defined circumstances for bona fide medical purposes.
In 2003, Maryland approved a law limiting sentencing to a $100 fine for people who use marijuana if they have a medical excuse. But critics of that law say it still drives people whose pain could be alleviated by marijuana into alleys to buy from drug dealers.
- 177,267 Views Category: Odd
- 140,735 Views Category: Fun
- 131,003 Views Category: Culture
- 88,084 Views Category: Culture
- 87,325 Views Category: Fun
- 86,368 Views Category: Culture
- 69,527 Views Category: Culture
- 66,331 Views Category: Odd
- 59,186 Views Category: Fun
- 52,016 Views Category: Fun