Montel Williams to push for medical marijuana
Delegate Dan Morhaim said Williams, who is a multiple sclerosis patient, is scheduled to attend a news conference in Annapolis on Monday.
Morhaim, a Baltimore County Democrat, and Sen. David Brinkley, a Frederick County Republican, plan to introduce a measure to allow marijuana to be used under well-defined circumstances for bona fide medical purposes.
In 2003, Maryland approved a law limiting sentencing to a $100 fine for people who use marijuana if they have a medical excuse. But critics of that law say it still drives people whose pain could be alleviated by marijuana into alleys to buy from drug dealers.
- 187,461 Views Category: Odd
- 147,011 Views Category: Fun
- 136,965 Views Category: Culture
- 95,787 Views Category: Culture
- 95,420 Views Category: Fun
- 94,020 Views Category: Culture
- 76,075 Views Category: Culture
- 74,077 Views Category: Odd
- 66,253 Views Category: Fun
- 59,119 Views Category: Fun