Montel Williams to push for medical marijuana
Delegate Dan Morhaim said Williams, who is a multiple sclerosis patient, is scheduled to attend a news conference in Annapolis on Monday.
Morhaim, a Baltimore County Democrat, and Sen. David Brinkley, a Frederick County Republican, plan to introduce a measure to allow marijuana to be used under well-defined circumstances for bona fide medical purposes.
In 2003, Maryland approved a law limiting sentencing to a $100 fine for people who use marijuana if they have a medical excuse. But critics of that law say it still drives people whose pain could be alleviated by marijuana into alleys to buy from drug dealers.
- 171,256 Views Category: Odd
- 137,597 Views Category: Fun
- 127,666 Views Category: Culture
- 84,736 Views Category: Culture
- 82,722 Views Category: Culture
- 82,618 Views Category: Fun
- 66,448 Views Category: Culture
- 62,509 Views Category: Odd
- 55,776 Views Category: Fun
- 48,735 Views Category: Fun