AC/DC Cannabis Conviction Overturned
Category: Celebrities | Posted on Fri, April, 1st 2011 by THCFinder
AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd had his cannabis conviction quashed by a court in his adopted home base of New Zealand.
Last December the 56-year-old was convicted of possessing 27 grams of marijuana on his boat and fined NZ$250 (US$190).
But the Tauranga District Court agreed March 31 to wipe his record after Rudd’s attorney argued that the conviction restricted the drummer’s ability to enter territories like North America and Japan.
Judge Alayne Wills agreed that Rudd’s offense was at the “lower end of the scale.” Rudd had to pay NZ$1,500 to cover the prosecutor’s costs.
Money and fame come with power...
- 180,522 Views Category: Odd
- 142,527 Views Category: Fun
- 132,684 Views Category: Culture
- 90,049 Views Category: Culture
- 89,463 Views Category: Fun
- 88,363 Views Category: Culture
- 71,275 Views Category: Culture
- 68,473 Views Category: Odd
- 61,234 Views Category: Fun
- 54,195 Views Category: Fun