AC/DC Cannabis Conviction Overturned
Category: Celebrities | Posted on Fri, April, 1st 2011 by THCFinder
AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd had his cannabis conviction quashed by a court in his adopted home base of New Zealand.
Last December the 56-year-old was convicted of possessing 27 grams of marijuana on his boat and fined NZ$250 (US$190).
But the Tauranga District Court agreed March 31 to wipe his record after Rudd’s attorney argued that the conviction restricted the drummer’s ability to enter territories like North America and Japan.
Judge Alayne Wills agreed that Rudd’s offense was at the “lower end of the scale.” Rudd had to pay NZ$1,500 to cover the prosecutor’s costs.
Money and fame come with power...
- 188,269 Views Category: Odd
- 147,829 Views Category: Fun
- 137,676 Views Category: Culture
- 96,939 Views Category: Culture
- 96,347 Views Category: Fun
- 95,130 Views Category: Culture
- 77,000 Views Category: Culture
- 75,228 Views Category: Odd
- 67,277 Views Category: Fun
- 60,062 Views Category: Fun