Music In The Grow Room
Category: Culture | Posted on Fri, December, 13th 2013 by THCFinder
For anyone who grows any kind of plant, they've probably heard the idea of playing music near the plants stimulates a positive response from the plant. Depending on the kind of music, the plants grow bigger and stronger, giving the grower a bigger yield. But the growth of the plant depends on the kind of music that is played for the plant, with some genres producing extremely satisfying results in the plants.
The original experiment was done in different rooms, where single tones were played. The first room had a steady tone playing for multiple hours. In the second room, the tone was played for a few hours and then shut off for a few hours. The third chamber had no tone playing. It was found that the plants in the first chamber not only died, but died quickly, while the plants in the second chamber grew the fastest and most healthy. The plants in the last chamber grew at about a normal rate. When the tones were changed to smooth relaxing music compared to rock music, the smooth music plants actually grew towards the radios in the room, while the rock music plants died within 15 days.
There are vineyards around the world that are installing speakers above their grapes that play classical music. The grapes next to the speakers are growing larger than those away from the speakers. It's an incredibly positive response but only happens with the classical, more calming music. So if you can, putting a music playing device in the grow room probably isn't such a bad idea. Even if the plants don't show a huge difference in growth, at least your grow room will be ambient and calming.
Remember that if you're going to play music, it should be played intermittently throughout the day. Continuous music may have negative effects on the plants and you don't want that. With some low volume classical, hopefully your plants will respond in a good way. There are skeptics who disbelieve the experiments done to test this theory, so trying it out for yourself is probably your best bet.
Stoner's Rights When Dealing With Cops
Category: Culture | Posted on Fri, December, 13th 2013 by THCFinder
Getting pulled over happens way more than we would like it to. It seems as if even the smallest infraction these days merits those flashing blue lights. What do you do if you're smoking or have recently smoked and the cop smells it or suspects it? How do you handle that situation? It's a lot easier than people think, as long as you possess some small amount of self control.
1. Don't be a smart ass and mouth off. If you act respectful to them in the first place, they're not going to have any reason to mess with you. By being polite, you can pretty much avoid any sort of confrontation, even if your car does smell of cannabis.
2. Agreeing to let them search you is totally unnecessary. If you have anything in the car (and even if you don't), do not consent to a search without a warrant. If they find anything without that warrant, you just got yourself in to a whole heap of trouble. If they ask to search your car, say no.
3. Unless they're writing you a ticket or you're getting arrested, they have no reason to hold you. Politely asking "am I free to go?" will make the police office send you on his way if he has no reason to detain you.
4. If you happen to be detained, the first words out of your mouth should be that you want a lawyer. Don't say anything to any cop before your lawyer gets there. Remain silent and quiet. Don't resist or make the situation worse.
Cops are trained to think that everyone is a criminal. So don't act like a criminal and you can usually get let go with a simple warning. Acting shady will only get you treated badly. Following these simple rules will hopefully keep you and your friends out of trouble if you ever have an unfortunate run in with the police.
Baby Bree's Story
Category: Culture | Posted on Thu, December, 12th 2013 by THCFinder
The effectiveness of parenting does not depend on the usage of cannabis. Those of you that have heard of little baby Bree Green know this very well. For those that have been living in the shadows, baby Bree is an 8-month-old that was forcibly removed from her parents care, after authorities deemed the parents not fit to care for their child due to their marijuana use. Michigan law allows caregivers to grow small amounts of plants in their homes and the law also states that unless the person's behavior creates an unreasonable source of danger to the child. The danger has to be seriously apparent and must be proven. In Bree's case, both of her parents are caregivers. Her father suffers from epilepsy and her mother uses cannabis to combat multiple sclerosis symptoms.
This is not the first time that parents have suffered because of their belief in cannabis. Parents of children who are using RSO for cancer treatments have had child services called on them because they do no subject their child to chemo. The people calling claim that the parents are abusing their children. Not only is this a ridiculous claim, but an ass backwards one. Putting a child through chemotherapy can be traumatizing. Ask a cancer survivor who suffered while young. They'll tell you how horrifying it is to lay in a hospital bed, waiting for their heart monitor to flatline. No child should have to do that and those that don't see the attempted effort to help the children are blind.
Baby Bree has thankfully be returned to her parents, after a long and exhausting legal battle with the state. This is a great accomplishment for the cannabis community, even though the child should have never been removed from her home in the first place. There are so many factors in this situation that make Bree's parents amazing people. Parents shouldn't be punished for simply trying to help their kids avoid suffering. Modern medicine is extremely unstable in children most of the time and there can be long lasting effects. And the parents of children should be allowed to be caregivers without the threat of their children being taken. Being punished for trying to help themselves and others? Not okay.
Pros And Cons Of Hemp Production
Category: Culture | Posted on Wed, December, 11th 2013 by THCFinder
Growing hemp is a bursting industry. There are millions of dollars to be made as the amazing (non psychoactive) form of cannabis beings to take root in the US. The plant can be used for just about anything, from clothing to fuel. A lot of people think that growing hemp could eliminate a lot of the problems that the United States are dealing with. Saving fossil fuels and trees is very important with the human population constantly growing and hemp is the one plant that can help with that.
As said above, the benefits of hemp are endless. It takes up less space and yields a great deal more than cotton. It doesn't get you stoned either, so it's technically not even a drug. By inhaling this stuff, all you're likely to get is a massive headache and a strong drive to get real bud. Hemp is in the process of making a lot of people rich as well, showing how much of a financial gain it would be if the hemp industry were to really take hold.
While the majority of the facts about hemp are pros, there are some cons as well. Since hemp plants don't depend on gender like the cannabis plant, there is no need to pull the males from the crop. If the males in a hemp crop are producing a large amount of pollen and there's a medical cannabis outdoor grow somewhere close by, a windy day can result in the destruction of an entire cannabis field. Which means that there will have to be measures put in place to make sure that doesn't happen.
The most money to be made from cannabis relies on the medical aspect. As an incredible medicine, cannabis is sure to bring hope in to a lot of peoples' lives that have tried all that they can for a cure. But if both hemp and cannabis were allowed to be produced without bullying from the federal government, there is a large amount of money to be made and an even bigger amount of people to be helped. It is incredibly important to know the benefits of industrial hemp as well as medical marijuana, as both can benefit the economy and society overall.
The Best Music While Stoned
Category: Culture | Posted on Tue, December, 10th 2013 by THCFinder
Different people like different music. Stoners especially tend to love tunes and constantly have some sort of music player close by. Since there are so many different genres of music, every stoner probably has something different playing. The following genres are the most popular among stoners it would seem, all for different reasons. Of course, this list will be different in a few years, once there is some new type of music released that stoners love. Keep in mind that there are a lot of different definitions of what music falls in to what genre, so if you disagree on what bands are classified under what genre, please understand that everyone has a different view!
- Classic Rock; This would be the music that people immediately just label as stoner music. Led Zepplin, Grateful Dead, The Doors, etc. These bands seem to always be playing in a hippie's car or room. While not all stoners still listen to this kind of music, no one can deny that it is the original genre of the potheads.
- Dubstep; Somewhat of a new introduction to the music world (and still not accepted by everyone), the dubstep music has a lot of bass, interesting beats, and occasionally some crazy lyrics. This music is excellent to drive to, as the hard bass drops will keep you focused on driving, instead of wandering off in to space. Dubstep can also be good to chill and smoke to, since it's such an interesting combination of sounds.
- Hip Hop/Rap; Since the two are pretty close and both are popular with stoners, I felt it acceptable to group these two together. Another sort of classic stoner genre, rap and hip hop love to feature marijuana in the lyrics they write, as well as show off their stoner tendencies.
- Reggae; Another classic stoner genre, reggae is popular among stoners of all ages. This particular type of music probably had the most effect on the stoner movement, promoting the enlightening and life improving effects that marijuana seems to have on people.
- Indie Rock/Alternative; Bands like City And Color and Bright Eyes may be sad but can create an extremely relaxing environment. Of course, there are many of other bands in this genre that aren't nearly as sad as these two, so check it out and you may find that you like it.
The Federal Government Really Hates Cannabis
Category: Culture | Posted on Mon, December, 9th 2013 by THCFinder
For the land of the free, America has a decent amount of rules set in place when it comes to cannabis. These days, you can't even admit to smoking weed at the Canadian border without being barred from the states, regardless of the fact that there may not be any cannabis present in the car or the person's system at the time. Not only that but the war between state and federal law is ever so much closer to boiling over with the recent raids on medical dispensaries in Colorado.
Grow Laws; In the US according to federal law, less than fifty plants will get you put in jail for up to 5 years, as well as slap you with a fine of $250,000. This includes growing only a single cannabis plant. 50-99 plants will earn you 20 years and a $1 million fine and it just gets worse from there. Considering that there are two states that have legalized cannabis, the federal government should eliminate their extreme penalties for simply farming.
Possession Laws; Carrying any amount of marijuana will automatically get you $1,000 fine and incarceration of up to a year. That's for the first offense. The second offense will get you a minimum of 15 days but no maximum. If you do get caught this second time, you also should expect to get fined $2,500. The third time (and any time after that), you can get 90 days to 3 years... Possibly more. The fine for this is $5,000.
Selling Laws; Basically, no matter what amount you sell, you're going away for at least five years. This law is extremely strict. The NORML website stated that for less than 50 kg of marijuana, it is a felony, five years in prison, and a fine of $250,000. 50 kg translates in to a bit more than 1700 ounces. That's a lot of marijuana. So even the sale of a single gram can get you five years according the federal law.
There are places where the rules are even more strict but the difference is that those places aren't actively searching for cannabis users and are usually paying attention to more pressing matters. It's also an extremely unfair case in the US due to the legalization of the plant in two states and more than a couple towns across the country. While there are some that say "state law is always trumped by federal law", one must counter reply with "democracy trumps federal law". The people have voted to be allowed to use cannabis, whether or not it's for medical reasons. The laws on cannabis are far too strict and need to be reevaluated to reflect the votes of the people.
- 171,269 Views Category: Odd
- 137,603 Views Category: Fun
- 127,674 Views Category: Culture
- 84,739 Views Category: Culture
- 82,729 Views Category: Culture
- 82,645 Views Category: Fun
- 66,454 Views Category: Culture
- 62,520 Views Category: Odd
- 55,789 Views Category: Fun
- 48,746 Views Category: Fun