Hemp History Week
The prohibition of industrial hemp costs the United States billions of dollars every year. You can’t get high on hemp. It is a great food source and is better for making paper and fabrics than any other substance. Yet it illegal for an American farmer to grow it.
Manufacturers are allowed to import hemp, so when you look at it, the prohibition of hemp is really a big “F U” to American farmers and companies. The purchase of hemp from a foreign country is legal, as is using hemp in this country. The only thing that’s really illegal is Americans making money off of it.
And yet very few politicians talk about industrial hemp. That may be because they don’t hear about it often enough from their constituents. Elected officials have to know that people are tired of silly laws that stifle our economy.
The video below features a group trying to do just that. The nonprofit group Vote Hemp is trying to raise awareness on this issue and they say progress is being made on the state and federal level. The time for this ridiculous prohibition on an absolutely harmless product is brought to an end.
- 189,988 Views Category: Odd
- 149,384 Views Category: Fun
- 138,973 Views Category: Culture
- 99,176 Views Category: Culture
- 98,038 Views Category: Fun
- 97,737 Views Category: Culture
- 78,819 Views Category: Culture
- 77,026 Views Category: Odd
- 68,936 Views Category: Fun
- 61,836 Views Category: Fun