Hemp History Week
The prohibition of industrial hemp costs the United States billions of dollars every year. You can’t get high on hemp. It is a great food source and is better for making paper and fabrics than any other substance. Yet it illegal for an American farmer to grow it.
Manufacturers are allowed to import hemp, so when you look at it, the prohibition of hemp is really a big “F U” to American farmers and companies. The purchase of hemp from a foreign country is legal, as is using hemp in this country. The only thing that’s really illegal is Americans making money off of it.
And yet very few politicians talk about industrial hemp. That may be because they don’t hear about it often enough from their constituents. Elected officials have to know that people are tired of silly laws that stifle our economy.
The video below features a group trying to do just that. The nonprofit group Vote Hemp is trying to raise awareness on this issue and they say progress is being made on the state and federal level. The time for this ridiculous prohibition on an absolutely harmless product is brought to an end.
- 190,901 Views Category: Odd
- 150,106 Views Category: Fun
- 139,600 Views Category: Culture
- 100,517 Views Category: Culture
- 99,119 Views Category: Culture
- 98,931 Views Category: Fun
- 79,694 Views Category: Culture
- 77,877 Views Category: Odd
- 69,775 Views Category: Fun
- 62,938 Views Category: Fun