Ten Facts About Cannabis
Category: Culture | Posted on Thu, July, 3rd 2014 by THCFinder
People tend to know a lot less about cannabis than they would like to think. There are hundreds of thousands of misinformed people that have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to weed... And that includes some stoners! It's important to know the facts when you advocate for something so here is a list of ten facts about cannabis that you may or may not know.
1. Marijuana can be good for mental health, helping those with anxiety, depression, and other issues to relax and calm down, letting a little more positivity in to their lives.
2. Increased rates of treatment admissions in addiction clinics isn't because marijuana is addicting... It's because the justice system forces those who get caught to attend substance classes and rehab, instead of just letting them light a plant on fire and inhaling the smoke.
3. The majority of people who smoke weed don't use other drugs, including alcohol. While some people still try to toss out the gateway theory, most people by now are aware that a lot of stoners are actually extremely health and environmentally conscious.
4. Every year, there around around 750,000 people that get arrested for marijuana related "crimes", most of which are because the person was in possession of the plant. Most of these arrests are minorities and are thought to be racial discrimination.
5. Cancer cells are inhibited by CBD, one of the substances found in cannabis. CBD works on preventing cancer cells from reproducing, causing the current cancerous cells to eventually die. Marijuana is also thought to protect the body against the formation of cancer.
6. Not only does cannabis combat cancer but it also helps with numerous other diseases include epilepsy, ADHD, multiple sclerosis, and arthritis. Since our bodies naturally come equipped with a system designed specifically to handle cannabinoids, one could argue that this plant is a cure-all for almost every affliction known to effect humans.
7. There are no negative effects of marijuana... Unless you're a pizza that is. The plant doesn't "make you stupid", cause you to run over children while driving, or make you crazy enough to speak to the devil. Marijuana has virtually no side effects and when compared to other substances that are still legal (alcohol and tobacco), is probably far safer.
8. When Colorado and Washington began to process their recreational cannabis laws, the use of the plant among young people actually decreased. Just goes to show that the spreading of knowledge is incredibly important and when distributed correctly, can be a huge help. Those under 18 should avoid smoking marijuana unless prescribed by a doctor, seeing as how the effects of THC on the developing brain can cause gaps in myelin, the coating which protects this important organ from damage.
9. Even stoners who have smoked for decades (much like the much loved duo Cheech and Chong) show almost no long term cognitive side effects. They don't drool or stumble around trying to function... In fact, Chong actually beat prostate cancer using a healthy diet, Rick Simpson Oil, and a world renowned healer.
10. While people assume that driving while stoned is really dangerous and you'll probably kill yourself or someone, there is no compelling argument that cannabis causes traffic accidents or fatalities. In fact, most stoners would tell you that driving stoned actually makes them drive better then if they weren't.
The Marijuana Spa Movement
Category: Culture | Posted on Wed, July, 2nd 2014 by THCFinder
Let's face it... Girls love going to the spa. Hell, with the stress that people experience these days, even guys should be going to the spa to chill out for a bit! A massage, perhaps a trickling fountain of some sort, and a totally calm environment? Sounds like the perfect Saturday afternoon! What could possibly make such an awesome time better? Simply, cannabis infused oils, salves, and creams of course! If you're a resident of Denver, Colorado, you can experience this amazing spa treatment at a select few spas around town.
The spa industry rakes in $14 billion a year. That's a staggering number. Add in cannabis for those patients who are really in pain and you should probably tack on another $6 billion to that number. The potential for a THC infused spa industry is absolutely incredible. Since the plant still remains illegal in many states, the spas haven't really taken off yet but they're expected to, especially in the recently legalized states of Colorado and Washington. Using THC and CBD in the massage process could absolutely help those suffering from arthritis, muscle pains, or physical injuries from sports and such.
Effects of the CBD oils and lotions are simple. The patient feels an even deeper feeling of relaxation and peacefulness, while at the same time the patient remains levelheaded and not so high. Both parties feel a benefit from this, as the massager has an easier time working longer since the CBD effects their hands also. Anti-inflammatory properties of cannabis help to soothe the aches and pains of the body, showing that these cannabis based massage products could be absolutely amazing for any age patient.
Cannabis is sure to make a huge impact on the spa industry. While the creams and lotions are still illegal in a lot of the states, it's definitely something that will gain more momentum as more find out about it. Women love beauty products and especially these days, with the worry about what's actually in our makeup bag, natural based cosmetics are steadily becoming more and more common. The spa is just the first stop on cannabis' take over of the beauty industry. Hopefully, women (and men) will be able to get cannabis leaf face peels and full leaf body wraps!
Pueblo County Approves Recreational Marijuana Club Rules
Category: Culture | Posted on Tue, July, 1st 2014 by THCFinder
I have not visited Colorado this year yet, but I definitely want to. Starting January 1st, recreational marijuana sales have been occuring all over Colorado. While price gouging is common, I still want to go into a store and make a legal purchase so that I can scratch it off of my marijuana bucket list. My Oregon friends that have traveled to Colorado have told me that the only knock they have on Colorado is that it’s hard to find legal places to consume marijuana as an out of state resident. You can’t consume marijuana in public, and most hotels don’t allow consumption in their rooms, which makes it hard to consume the marijuana that was legally purchased at a store.
It sounds like in Pueblo County, Colorado marijuana clubs have been approved that will help with that situation. Last week Pueblo County commissioners voted to approve some changes to marijuana club rules. Marijuana clubs must follow rules outlined in the Indoor Clean Air Act, which means no smoking indoors – smoking has to occur on a patio out of public view. Vaporizers and edibles are OK inside of the facilities. Selling marijuana is forbidden at the clubs, and club owners can’t be affiliated with retail outlets.
The clubs do allow guest passes and/or temporary memberships to allow out of state customers to frequent the establishments. Per The Pueblo Chieftain:
Tommy Eubanks spoke in favor of the ordinance. He said he was from Texas and that his wife suffers from multiple sclerosis.
“We’re spending about $10,000 to $15,000 in this county but there’s nowhere for us to experiment to see what works for us,” he said.
Medical marijuana clubs have existed for a long time in other states. However, these clubs are for patients, not the general public. I can’t wait to go to Colorado, make my first legal purchase, and hangout at a club to talk the toke.
Does That Look Like Pot To You?
Category: Culture | Posted on Thu, June, 26th 2014 by THCFinder
Fast food is gross. Yes, we may love it. But it's gross. There have been many reports of people finding even more disgusting things IN the food... Rat heads, chicken feet, human semen. Yeah... Fast food can be pretty nasty. But people everywhere still pull up to drive thrus, order double cheese burgers, and eat themselves stupid. But if you happen across a certain McDonalds in Iowa, you might find something a little more pleasant in your meal then the aforementioned abominations.
In April, a couple driving in Ottumwa, Iowa decided to hit up the local McDonald's around 8:15pm for some cheeseburgers. They snagged two doubles and headed home. But after taking at least one bite of the meal each, they noticed that the burgers contained something other then the typical cheese/ketchup/onions/pickles/mustard. It seemed that the burgers had the added of ingredient of what looked and smelled like marijuana. Upon noticing the green vegetative matter, the couple went back to the McDonalds and informed the managers of what they had found.
Ottumwa Police Lt. Jason Bell didn't have a comment on how much marijuana was actually found on the burger but it "appears to be consistent with marijuana". The substance still has to be tested at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation so it's unsure what the substance actually was (who knows, it might have been bad lettuce). The substance was sent out as soon as possible and in the meantime, the cops tried to figure out how the cannabis could have made it's way in to the food in the first place. The McDonald's remained open after the report as well and when asked by USA Today to comment on the finding, the manager promptly said "no comment" and hung up.
How To Grow Northern Lights Marijuana Indoors
Category: Culture | Posted on Thu, June, 26th 2014 by THCFinder
Northern Lights Smoking Effects
Northern Lights Plant Features
Northern Lights Medicinal Uses
Who Is Chris Christie And Why Marijuana Lovers Need To Know
Category: Culture | Posted on Wed, June, 25th 2014 by THCFinder
You may know him as the man who had no answer for the father asking him to please not let his daughter die (referring to the Wilson viral video that showed how ignorant and disrespectful Christie is when confronted with the idea of giving cannabis to children suffering from epilepsy). Or as the man who bantered on and on about "gateway drugs" when asked about the plant on a radio show. Or possibly, you just know him as the governor of New Jersey. This man is trying to take on the anti-marijuana movement singlehandedly against the grain of the thousands of supporters that the plant gains every single day. So if people support weed so much and Christie is just rude politician, what's the issue?
The issue is that Christie may end up running for president of the US. And that's pretty bad for the people in America who are pro-pot. The state of New Jersey currently allows medical marijuana to be sold and bought by patients with a doctor's recommendation. Christie, however, only allowed one dispensary to open in the state and that one shop doesn't sell the concentrates that some patients (like Vivian Wilson, the little girl suffering from epilepsy in that viral video) need in order to feel better. Even after confronted during a press conference by the girl's father, Christie barely let an edible rule pass, saying that the single medical shop could sell edibles. Unfortunately, a low demand for high CBD edibles causes the shop to not carry the medicine. So basically, not much help to the child in need.
Christie doesn't seem to have accepted the facts. Every single poll released recently has shown increasing support in favor of telling the Feds to butt out of state cannabis business. Colorado and Washington are raking in the big bucks due to the legal marijuana sales and even though states don't want to seem eager, you know all the politicians are hungering for the $15+ million a week in revenue from bud sales. Christie doesn't see the money as a good thing. In the radio interview, a listener explained the incredible financial benefits of legalization and Christie couldn't even let the listener finish. Cutting her off with "Let me stop you right there. You know when it may come down the road? When I'm gone. Because it won't happen while I'm here." He then proceeds to quote a study that basically says marijuana consumers aren't as smart as those that don't use marijuana... Going all the way back to "stoners are stupid". His ending argument, of course, was to say that marijuana is a gateway drug and it should not be allowed.
He may sound silly and very, very wrong. But if this man happens to worm his way in to the Oval Office, the cannabis movement is in trouble. Even the progress of Colorado and Washington could be halted by such an abrasive, uninformed person. Stoners need to know about opponents like this so we know what we're up against... Although with Christie, I'm unsure as to how valid and solid his arguments actually are. Considering the gateway drug theory has been disproven time and time again, we will hopefully be safe from cannabis predators like this.
- 180,512 Views Category: Odd
- 142,525 Views Category: Fun
- 132,678 Views Category: Culture
- 90,044 Views Category: Culture
- 89,457 Views Category: Fun
- 88,360 Views Category: Culture
- 71,270 Views Category: Culture
- 68,465 Views Category: Odd
- 61,227 Views Category: Fun
- 54,191 Views Category: Fun