Hemp History Week
The prohibition of industrial hemp costs the United States billions of dollars every year. You can’t get high on hemp. It is a great food source and is better for making paper and fabrics than any other substance. Yet it illegal for an American farmer to grow it.
Manufacturers are allowed to import hemp, so when you look at it, the prohibition of hemp is really a big “F U” to American farmers and companies. The purchase of hemp from a foreign country is legal, as is using hemp in this country. The only thing that’s really illegal is Americans making money off of it.
And yet very few politicians talk about industrial hemp. That may be because they don’t hear about it often enough from their constituents. Elected officials have to know that people are tired of silly laws that stifle our economy.
The video below features a group trying to do just that. The nonprofit group Vote Hemp is trying to raise awareness on this issue and they say progress is being made on the state and federal level. The time for this ridiculous prohibition on an absolutely harmless product is brought to an end.
- 193,027 Views Category: Odd
- 152,034 Views Category: Fun
- 141,532 Views Category: Culture
- 103,734 Views Category: Culture
- 102,227 Views Category: Culture
- 101,264 Views Category: Fun
- 81,815 Views Category: Culture
- 79,973 Views Category: Odd
- 71,901 Views Category: Fun
- 65,294 Views Category: Fun