Ten Ways You Can Use Cannabis
Category: Culture | Posted on Fri, November, 21st 2014 by THCFinder
Yes, it’s for smoking. That’s common knowledge, otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this article. But as with most things in the world, the wonderful marijuana plant can be used for many different purposes. It is medical and industrial. With the right funding and some smart people who care about the planet, cannabis could be the most used substance in the world. Not only that but it would save us land and help to produce more oxygen, plus it grows far faster as compared to it’s bark covered relative, the tree. So how can you use cannabis other than packing it in to a pipe and smoking it? Here’s ten ways that cannabis can be used in order to benefit the people of the world.
- Medicine; the most common use for the cannabis plant is medicinal. After thousands of years of societies using cannabis in order to treat headaches, broken bones, back aches, nausea, cancer, and many other illnesses, people still have trouble accepting the fact that the earth gave us a cure for most health problems known to man. It’s time to wake up, however, and take advantage of such a beautiful asset to the human race.
- Clothing; by making clothes out of hemp, we could completely eliminate the need for cotton. The hemp plant can be made in to fiber which in turn can be worn. Wearing organically made clothing would be great, plus hemp has numerous other uses and having fields of such a versatile substance could advance our society greatly.
- Fuel; surprisingly, the cannabis plant can be used for fuel. Seeing as how oil is a fossil fuel, there’s only so much time left until we run out of it. Once gas is gone, we will no longer be able to fuel our cars. We will be forced to find an alternate source of fuel if we want to stay so mobile. It would be smarter to switch to a biodegradable fuel rather than a fuel that’s putting huge holes in the ozone and creating smog clouds the size of Los Angeles.
- Fiber; in Colonial times, farmers ingested a lot of potatoes since the crop was so easy to grow. Since there was no such thing as fiber bars back then, the farmers had to ingest high amounts of fiber in order to counteract the not so great effects of constantly eating so much starch. Ingesting cannabis nutritionally helped the farmers with this problem.
- Pets; rather than putting a nylon collar on your pet, why not use hemp? With a less chance of containing harmful substances, hemp pet supplies are said to be healthier, more durable, and sustainable. While giving your pets pot to eat isn’t such a good idea, your furry companion will be happy to nap on a comfy hemp pet bed!
- Hempcrete; concrete is a huge pain and is expensive. It wears under pressure and after a long enough time, it will crack. Not to mention, the substance is extremely heavy, so while it is a great building material, it’s cumbersome. Hempcrete, on the other hand, is concrete but made from the hemp plant. It is half as heavy as concrete and will stand up to the elements longer. Hempcrete also assists with containing cool and heat, depending on the time of year, cutting down on heating and electricity bills. Additionally, hempcrete is far better for the environment, considering it’s naturally made.
- Vitamins; hemp seeds contain high amounts of amino acids, providing a great source of vitamins and nutrients to those that consume them. For those that would like healthier alternatives to taking random pills that may contain poison rather than something helpful, hemp seeds are something that should be kept around. There are even cafes in Europe that offer hemp tea, hemp coffee, and even hemp lager!
- Rope; historians have said that early man used hemp rope to fashion bamboo stalks together in order to form rafts. So you could say that people have been using hemp rope for a bit. Stronger than what we currently use today, hemp rope is something that people would benefit from using for a multitude of purposes, including maritime purposes. If you’re interested in seeing some history on hemp rope, you can join a maritime museum tour and find out all about it (get stoned first, of course).
- Food; instead of using butter or lard or even vegetable oil to cook with, using hemp oil is far healthier for you. Instead of putting anything somewhat harmful, use hemp oil instead. Sometimes, you can even medicate said oil in order to give your food a little added kick. But even if you don’t want to psychoactive aspect, cooking with hempseed oil will make your food taste better and help keep that waistline small (hempseed compared to butter is ridiculously healthy, especially “butter” if you know what I’m saying).
- Paper; reportedly, Ben Franklin owned a hemp paper mill in his day and it’s even been said that the original Declaration of Independence is written on hemp paper! It’s hard to believe that this wouldn’t be true, as most farmers were required by law to grow hemp back in colonial times. Still, hemp can be made in to paper that doesn’t harm nearly as many trees while simultaneously growing faster and healthier for the planet. As to why we’re still chopping down forests when this simple plant could be used instead, is a mystery.
- 385,624 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 349,015 Views Category: Culture
- 267,831 Views Category: Fun
- 261,273 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 196,553 Views Category: Odd
- 155,000 Views Category: Fun
- 145,007 Views Category: Culture
- 144,006 Views Category: Videos
- 143,055 Views Category: Nugs
- 142,943 Views Category: News