| Posted on Sun, April, 19th 2015 by THCFinder
To many, April 20 is just another workday. But to marijuana enthusiasts around the globe, 4/20 is a holy day, one to be considered above all others as a time to celebrate -- and consume -- cannabis.
The counterculture holiday doesn’t appear on any official calendar, but it’s pretty popular all the same. The origins of 4/20, aka National Weed Day, can be traced to Northern California where, in the 1970s, pot smokers began using the code “420” – the police code for Marijuana Smoking in Progress – as a reference to toking up.
Planning to observe 4/20? Here are 20 funny quotes to share on every pot smoker’s favorite holiday.
1. “That is not a drug. It’s a leaf.” -- Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. “They’ve outlawed the No. 1 vegetable on the planet.” -- Timothy Leary
3. “The drug is really quite a remarkably safe one for humans, although it is really quite a dangerous one for mice and they should not use it.” -- J.W.D. Henderson
4. “I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is a flower. God put it here.” -- Willie Nelson
5. “Forty million Americans smoked marijuana; the only ones who didn’t like it were Judge Ginsberg, Clarence Thomas and Bill Clinton.” -- Jay Leno
6. “When I was a kid, I inhaled frequently. That was the point.” -- Barack Obama
7. “I know you’re supposed to tell kids not to do drugs, but, kids, do it! Do weed! Don’t do the other stuff, but weed is good.” -- Kevin Smith