Pittsburgh Weeders? NFL Hall of Famer Wants In On Marijuana Market
Pennsylvania voters didn’t vote for Donald Trump because they were stupid or because they were misogynist; Trump made the residents of the onetime coal-and-steel capital of America a raft of promises they were genetically predisposed from refusing.
Coal would come back, Trump said, and after that—steel would come back! Big league!
He may as well have told Pittsburgh Steelers fans that Terry Bradshaw, Chuck Noll and a younger and less-insane James Harrison were on their way to (long-demolished) Three Rivers Stadium.
Forever-Republicans, like a coal company CEO, don’t believe Trump can keep his coal promise—not with cheap and abundant natural gas gleaned through such happily dangerous methods like fracking—and it would require converting every Walmart in the country into a steel mill, while retaining the retailers’ notorious practices of employing non-union, part-time labor, for the U.S. to match China’s output of cheap steel.
- 191,601 Views Category: Odd
- 150,681 Views Category: Fun
- 140,339 Views Category: Culture
- 101,524 Views Category: Culture
- 100,181 Views Category: Culture
- 99,703 Views Category: Fun
- 80,354 Views Category: Culture
- 78,556 Views Category: Odd
- 70,427 Views Category: Fun
- 63,733 Views Category: Fun