Edibles are gobbling up California’s marijuana market
Adding cannabis to everything from iced coffee to breath mints, local startups are jockeying for a bite of California’s growing marijuana edibles market as the state gears up to allow recreational pot sales.
The industry that barely existed 10 years ago — apart from a few bakers making pot brownies in their home kitchens — now shows no sign of slowing down.
“There’s a brand boom going on right now, particularly in preparation for adult use legalization here,” said Troy Dayton, CEO of The Arcview Group, a research and investment services firm focusing on marijuana businesses. “Not all of them are going to do well, but there’s just so many different types of edibles hitting different market segments.”
- 193,062 Views Category: Odd
- 152,060 Views Category: Fun
- 141,549 Views Category: Culture
- 103,778 Views Category: Culture
- 102,268 Views Category: Culture
- 101,311 Views Category: Fun
- 81,839 Views Category: Culture
- 79,996 Views Category: Odd
- 71,937 Views Category: Fun
- 65,321 Views Category: Fun