Edibles are gobbling up California’s marijuana market
Adding cannabis to everything from iced coffee to breath mints, local startups are jockeying for a bite of California’s growing marijuana edibles market as the state gears up to allow recreational pot sales.
The industry that barely existed 10 years ago — apart from a few bakers making pot brownies in their home kitchens — now shows no sign of slowing down.
“There’s a brand boom going on right now, particularly in preparation for adult use legalization here,” said Troy Dayton, CEO of The Arcview Group, a research and investment services firm focusing on marijuana businesses. “Not all of them are going to do well, but there’s just so many different types of edibles hitting different market segments.”
- 192,456 Views Category: Odd
- 151,522 Views Category: Fun
- 141,062 Views Category: Culture
- 102,858 Views Category: Culture
- 101,466 Views Category: Culture
- 100,661 Views Category: Fun
- 81,234 Views Category: Culture
- 79,415 Views Category: Odd
- 71,335 Views Category: Fun
- 64,749 Views Category: Fun