Edibles are gobbling up California’s marijuana market
Adding cannabis to everything from iced coffee to breath mints, local startups are jockeying for a bite of California’s growing marijuana edibles market as the state gears up to allow recreational pot sales.
The industry that barely existed 10 years ago — apart from a few bakers making pot brownies in their home kitchens — now shows no sign of slowing down.
“There’s a brand boom going on right now, particularly in preparation for adult use legalization here,” said Troy Dayton, CEO of The Arcview Group, a research and investment services firm focusing on marijuana businesses. “Not all of them are going to do well, but there’s just so many different types of edibles hitting different market segments.”
- 193,601 Views Category: Odd
- 152,609 Views Category: Fun
- 142,121 Views Category: Culture
- 104,678 Views Category: Culture
- 103,051 Views Category: Culture
- 101,987 Views Category: Fun
- 82,423 Views Category: Culture
- 80,650 Views Category: Odd
- 72,551 Views Category: Fun
- 65,920 Views Category: Fun