How Cannabis Could Be a Psychedelic—And Why That’s Good
Psychedelics can have a bad name, even among dedicated recreational drug users.
LSD, psilocybin and other mind-rearranging substances require investments of time and mental energy many of us don’t have to spare on a weekday night after a long day of work. We just want something to take the edge off, strong enough to relieve pain or other symptoms of living holding us back, able to throw a warm-hued filter over our normal reality—not blow it apart entirely. We have stuff to do!
For most people, alcohol will do the trick. For others, a few hits of cannabis is the tonic.
But! As anyone who’s dabbed just a little too much can tell you, THC is absolutely powerful enough to seriously distort things. This means, according to some of the most respected experts in the field, that cannabis is absolutely a psychedelic substance—and that’s a good thing. It means marijuana has immense value for psychotherapy.
- 191,920 Views Category: Odd
- 151,009 Views Category: Fun
- 140,614 Views Category: Culture
- 102,058 Views Category: Culture
- 100,663 Views Category: Culture
- 100,058 Views Category: Fun
- 80,688 Views Category: Culture
- 78,899 Views Category: Odd
- 70,761 Views Category: Fun
- 64,199 Views Category: Fun