How Cannabis Could Be a Psychedelic—And Why That’s Good
Psychedelics can have a bad name, even among dedicated recreational drug users.
LSD, psilocybin and other mind-rearranging substances require investments of time and mental energy many of us don’t have to spare on a weekday night after a long day of work. We just want something to take the edge off, strong enough to relieve pain or other symptoms of living holding us back, able to throw a warm-hued filter over our normal reality—not blow it apart entirely. We have stuff to do!
For most people, alcohol will do the trick. For others, a few hits of cannabis is the tonic.
But! As anyone who’s dabbed just a little too much can tell you, THC is absolutely powerful enough to seriously distort things. This means, according to some of the most respected experts in the field, that cannabis is absolutely a psychedelic substance—and that’s a good thing. It means marijuana has immense value for psychotherapy.
- 193,608 Views Category: Odd
- 152,616 Views Category: Fun
- 142,127 Views Category: Culture
- 104,689 Views Category: Culture
- 103,059 Views Category: Culture
- 101,997 Views Category: Fun
- 82,431 Views Category: Culture
- 80,657 Views Category: Odd
- 72,559 Views Category: Fun
- 65,928 Views Category: Fun