What strain are you smoking on today?
California Marijuana Growers Have To Respect The Environment Or Get Heavily Fined
Map: The price of marijuana in every state
It’s the law of supply and demand in action: When a commodity is illegal, it tends to become scarcer and its price rises on the black market. Make it legal again, and its price will fall.
That’s been the case for marijuana, as this map by Frank Bi of Forbes shows. Marijuana is now a lot cheaper in the states that have legalized it than in the states that have not.
The map shows the average price of an ounce of high-quality marijuana in each state. The data is crowd-sourced via PriceofWeed.com, a website where people anonymously submit the cost of weed in their area.
Nationally, the average price of an ounce of weed is $324. But in four states that have legalized or decriminalized pot – Washington, Oregon, Colorado and Alaska -- the price of an ounce of weed has fallen below $300. Oregon is the cheapest, where an ounce of high-quality marijuana goes for only $204, almost half the cost in North Dakota, the most expensive state.
- 193,949 Views Category: Odd
- 152,879 Views Category: Fun
- 142,400 Views Category: Culture
- 105,153 Views Category: Culture
- 103,516 Views Category: Culture
- 102,348 Views Category: Fun
- 82,700 Views Category: Culture
- 80,966 Views Category: Odd
- 72,891 Views Category: Fun
- 66,259 Views Category: Fun