Five Weed Documentaries You Should See
Ten Suggestions For Using Cannabis Responsibly
Some people do have trouble balancing their weed use with normal life. Let’s face it, while smoking weed definitely improves life, there are some situations that may just not call for it. Being a responsible stoner is important, especially these days with so much attention on the cannabis community. And while some will tell you until they’re blue in the face that they can handle their weed responsibly, it’s always nice to have a quick refresher on how to get high and get shit done!
- If you’re “too high” to get things done or you being to blame the plant for your slacking, you should cut back a bit. Marijuana should be a life enhancer, not a life ruiner. And if it is ruining your life, chances are your poor choices are the cause, not a plant. Marijuana is not a scapegoat.
- Avoid using cannabis before work or school (unless you feel like you do better work while high or your work isn’t dangerous). If your medical condition calls for marijuana use before work or school, that is fine. But always be sure that you’re not in danger, as well as your co-workers.
- Know your limit! No one wants to deal with a napper and especially if you’re going to work or school, you need to know when to stop smoking so that you can continue to focus and get your work done normally.
- Be aware of your settings. Some places can handle you being stoned and some can’t. You may be able to function fine at home while baked out of your mind but it’s not recommended that you go to Wal-Mart on a while baked out of your mind.
- Keep the laws in mind, along with any health risks. Cannabis is still illegal in most states and you need to know your rights if you happen to run in to the law.
- Don’t give cannabis to minors. They may think that they can handle it but without a doctor’s recommendation, anyone under the age of 18 shouldn’t ingest cannabis. The penalty for supplying minors with cannabis is also considerably higher.
- If your friends are saying you get too high, you probably are. People around you need to be able to communicate with you, especially at work or school, so if you’re too stoned to deal, cut back a bit.
- Be respectful. Don’t smoke weed in public or in someone’s house that doesn’t smoke. It’s important to make sure that everyone is comfortable. There are still people who don’t smoke weed in the world and it’s important to not step on their toes.
- Using cannabis with other substances can possibly have negative effects. This includes alcohol. Those that smoke weed and drink a lot sometimes experience the dreaded spins, a feeling in which everything is moving around you. This can be dangerous so it’s recommended that you don’t mix cannabis with other substances unless instructed by a doctor.
- Driving while high is risky but can be accomplished if you’ve managed to learn to drive stoned. I can’t stress enough the fact that driving while high is like learning to drive all over again. You need to pay attention, listen, and know that there’s always a possibility that you’ll get pulled over. Relax and don’t get too baked while driving!
10 Stocking Stuffers For Stoners
Five Cannabis Facts You Should Know
1. Marijuana and hemp are not the same thing! Some people think that hemp should be kept illegal alongside marijuana, even though the hemp plant won’t get you high if you smoke it. The two plants are used for different purposes. While marijuana is used for medical purposes, hemp is used for more industrial purposes like building, clothing, and paper.
2. Americans used to consider it patriotic to grow hemp. When the states were still just 13 colonies, the law in 1916 required settlers to grow up. It was used for rope, sails, and clothing and both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson owned hemp farms. There was even a draft of the Declaration of Independence written on hemp paper. Not only that but Betsy Ross sewed the flag with hemp made products!
3. In ancient China, Ma (marijuana) was used for clothing, medicine, fuel, and food for as far back as 6,000 BC. But the use of the plant in a medical sense dates back even further to 2737 BC. The Red Emperor Shen Nung is credited with writing a document called the Herbal, which is a list of various herbs, which includes marijuana. Additionally, in 2 AD, Hua T’o used the female plant (so probably flowers) and red wine as an anesthesia while he preformed painful surgeries including loin incisions and organ grafts.
4. A group of 5,000 smokers were examined by UCSF ad University of Alabama showed that people who smoke a few joints a week actually have a stronger external blowing stronger lung capacity than non-users. In 2005, UCLA released a paper that shows marijuana may actually help to prevent the formation of lung cancer, unlike tobacco. Tobacco contains nicotine and is a known carcinogen, while cannabis contains cannabinoids and THC, which help to defeat and prevent cancer.
5. Hemp is an extremely versatile product that could actually save the world if used correctly. As humans, we are wasteful and the packing that contains most of what we consume ends up in landfills. It rarely gets recycled and contributes to the growing waste problem that the world faces. Hemp can be made in to clothing, canvas, rope, paper, food, and the seeds can be turned in to fuel. This would eliminate the need for cotton, gasoline, nylon, and the destruction of trees. After the hemp plant is harvested, the soil is actually in better condition then before the hemp plants were there, unlike tobacco. Legalizing hemp and cannabis would produce thousands of jobs, another thing that is needed in such a suffering economy.
20 Street Names For Cannabis
The plant of many names! Cannabis has been known by so many different titles, from the classy cannabis to the medical marijuana. People every day create new nicknames for the plant and sometimes, it can be confusing as a new smoker as to what someone is talking about if you’re no familiar! Here are twenty nick names of cannabis that you might eventually stumble across, although some seem just too funny!
1. Pot - extremely common, almost everyone refers to cannabis as pot.
2. Weed - again, a very common term when talking about this jolly green plant! Aptly so, as the cannabis plant grows quickly and strong, much like the weeds your parents make you pull out of the walkway when you’re a kid.
3. Grass - another commonly used term to talk about marijuana, probably stemming from the fact that the plant is green and 100% natural!
4. Ganja - somewhat of an older term, still used today! Ganja was made popular in the older, popular stoner songs and some people still talk about marijuana using the term “ganja”.
5. Dope - Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys made this one pretty popular. Although, some stoners don’t like cannabis being referred to as dope, as there are other drugs such as heroin that go by the same name.
6. Herb - since cannabis is a plant that’s grown and can also be used in cooking, the term “herb” is quite fitting.
7. Reefer - heard of Reefer Madness? Or have your parents ever asked if you’re smoking on that reefer? This term is a bit more popular among those who grew up watching anti-cannabis propaganda but can still pop up in conversation!
8. Mary Jane - this term has been used to talk about cannabis for years. Probably resulting from someone’s clever way of talking about weed without anyone knowing, instead referring to the plant as a female (since you smoke the female plant).
9. Buds - pretty self explanatory but for those that don’t know, that’s what form weed usually comes in. The budding flowers are the part of the plant that gets smoked.
10. Nuggets - see above; “buds”.
11. Skunk - used for weed that smells strong enough to knock your socks off, skunk weed is extremely potent.
12. Broccoli - okay, I guess this could be a good way to talk about weed! “Did you get any broccoli at dinner last night?” “Yeah that was some good broccoli!”
13. Blaze - used more to refer to the act of ingesting cannabis, “blaze” could also be used to describe the buds themselves.
14. Fire - hey, when you’ve got that good weed, you’ve definitely got that fire! Used to describe the dankest of bud, “fire” is something that you’ll hear a lot.
15. Dank - even though the dictionary says that “dank” means a dark, cold basement, people use it when talking about well cultivated marijuana. “I got that dank!”
16. Burnie - this isn’t one that I’ve personally heard used but I could see people referring to an already rolled joint! “Want to go for a ride and spark up a burnie!?”
17. Shatter - more of a new term, shatter is the concentrated wax that has recently made it’s appearance in the cannabis culture (even though it’s been around for years). This product is smooth and breaks like glass when touched.
18. Dabs - concentrated cannabis extracts, usually a dark brown to an almost transparent gold. This concentrate is usually placed on a heated nail and inhaled.
19. Crumble - another form of concentrated cannabis, crumble has the consistency of brown sugar almost. It’s not flat like shatter but instead, butters up and can fall apart if not put on the dabber properly.
20. Wax - referring again to shatter, wax is just another name for concentrated marijuana. It can be thicker than shatter and resembles earwax, hence the name.
Ten Stoner Life Hacks
We know smoking weed can be a little bit stressful. Breaking bowls, spilling weed, lighting your hair on fire while trying to light a joint in a moving car with the window down. There’s many ways a peaceful smoke session can turn in to a nightmare. It’s important to know a few stoner life hacks in order to keep things easy. The following list of ten stoner hacks that you can use in order to keep your smoking stress free!
- Putting a CD over your glass bowl will help to prevent you from spilling any weed! The center of the CD is small enough to keep the weed in but at the same time, keeps it from spilling out.
- Have a clogged bowl? Pipe cleaners actually do work! They are perfect for sticking through your glass and scraping out the nasty resin on the inside. The best part? They’re super cheap and disposable so once they’re covered in grime, you can just toss them in the trash can!
- Marijuana loses potency if you let light and heat get to it while it’s being stored. Fix this by cutting a roll of black construction paper and fixing it inside of your jar. This will keep your weed fresher for longer and prevent the light from getting in and ruining your buds!
- If you don’t have a grinder around, you can use this simple method! Take a penny and clean it well, preferably with rubbing alcohol. Put the penny and your weed in a small pill bottle or jar and shake it vigorously. The penny will grind up the bud for you and it’ll leave you with the keif!
- Having troubles with munchies? Schedule your smoking times around meal times. This way, you won’t eat as much because you’ll be eating at normal times anyway. This one is a little easier said than done, as I myself have trouble containing the munchies after I’ve smoked enough.
- Grandparents sending you a bunch of birthday cards? Cut them up and use them as makeshift crutches if you don’t have any around! The hard paper will support your joint and make it easier to pass back and forth when you’re smoking with your friends!
- Enjoy weed with a bit of fruity flavor? Place a few nuts in a leftover blunt wrapper and let them chill for a bit! The packaging will give your buds a little extra flavor and you can enjoy some strawberry flavored weed in your next bowl!
- Finding a good playlist online will help to keep your high level and enjoyable. If you’re not watching TV, music is the next best thing. Sometimes even better, rather than you wasting brain cells on the television. Slacker Radio is a great place to listen to music!
- Putting a mint in your mouth when you have the munchies is a great way to curb your appetite! Mints also help with cotton mouth and the sometimes bad breath that comes with it! Keep a box of Altoids in your pocket at all times to avoid over eating and dying for a drink!
- Did you know that a Nintendo Gamecube controller is the perfect place to hold your bong head up while you pack it? If you happen to still have a Gamecube, you can use the controller this way to make sure that you’re not accidentally dumping out all of your weed.
- Some people like to blot honey on their joints in order to keep it from burning too quickly while smoking. This also will help with that awful canoe effect that sometimes happens, when the joint burns unevenly while being smoked.
- 191,430 Views Category: Odd
- 150,537 Views Category: Fun
- 140,054 Views Category: Culture
- 101,250 Views Category: Culture
- 99,919 Views Category: Culture
- 99,518 Views Category: Fun
- 80,193 Views Category: Culture
- 78,374 Views Category: Odd
- 70,264 Views Category: Fun
- 63,429 Views Category: Fun