What To Expect When Buying Legal Bud
Category: Culture | Posted on Tue, January, 7th 2014 by THCFinder
Buying weed legally is probably going to seem weird to people for a while, since most people have been sneaking around police, laws, and parents for years when they're simply just trying to get a little high. Hopefully knowing what to expect might make people a little less uneasy about buying their bud at a store, rather than on the street. Buying and smoking cannabis should be an enjoyable experience. If you're heading to Colorado to visit one of the few recreational cannabis shops, here's what you can expect thanks to a fellow stoner who's been through the process numerous times already!
- Similar to the packaging of alcohol in most states, your marijuana will be sold to you in a brown paper bag so that everyone will definitely not suspect that you're carrying a sneaky substance with you. No one will know you just bought marijuana. Obviously.
- When you open the bag, your bud will be in there but you won't get to look at it yet! It's packaged in a sealed container and comes with a nice little card that tells you about the cannabis laws that are specific to the state of Colorado.
- Every container has a warning on it, a batch number, the day that it was sold, and the weight of what it contains. So basically, it looks like medicine.
- The safety warning states that you shouldn't operate machinery or use marijuana if you're pregnant.
- Each container is sealed with a zip tie and will remain sealed until opened, which means no stink thankfully!
- And now? You smoke! Enjoy the fact that your geographical location allows you to smoke a plant and not worry about going to jail for it! The rest of the world will catch up eventually... We hope!
Cannabis In CO
Category: Culture | Posted on Mon, January, 6th 2014 by THCFinder
Well it's happened. Cannabis has become legal in two states and the day has passed where stores opened their doors to hundreds if not thousands of stoners, eager to get their hands on the first batch of legal cannabis since the drug war began and people began referring to the plant as Devil's Lettuce. It's definitely amazing that we are able to see the beginning of a cannabis accepting society, in which stoners are no longer prosecuted and disliked.
CNN came up with a list of a few things that people should know about the new laws that are being put forth by Colorado officials in order to keep the cannabis trade under control. With shops worrying every day about whether their supply will last until close and cannabis tourism growing in to a bigger business every day, raking in the money for the state, people are starting to worry that this will form a problem in the future.
1. How is cannabis legal?
Because democracy. Because we're still allowed to vote. The citizens of Colorado voted to have this measure passed and thankfully, the officials listened.
2. Why legalize?
Cannabis will save taxpayers billions of dollars a year, not to mention create a huge revenue for the state itself, since cannabis is a huge tourism attraction.
3. Is medical separate from recreational?
Yes. Recreational marijuana will have a 25% tax on it, as well as a state tax. This makes marijuana one of the highest taxed products in the state. Medical users do not have to pay the 25% tax and will continue to receive their medicine at the normal price. Medical shops and recreational shops will be separated.
4. How much pot can one purchase at one time?
Recreational users that are 21 or older can purchase up to an ounce at a time with a Colorado issued ID. Those from out of state can buy up to a quarter. Recreational users can also share weed with another, being able to "gift" in amounts up to an ounce.
5. Where can I light up?
Not in the park! Or in the street! Or anywhere that's considered public. Be careful when toking up, as you can still get ticketed for smoking in a public place. However, you can smoke on private properties so you're safe at your buddies house or curled up in bed on a snowy day.
6. Can I grow my own?
You can still grow your own bud. A person may have up to six plants in their home but the garden must be enclosed and locked.
7. If I'm underage, can I still smoke?
Person's under the age of 21 can't buy weed but for those 18-21, marijuana has been decriminalized, allowing these young people to avoid jail time and receive a fine instead. Those that are under 18 can still be sent to a juvenile facility if found in possession of cannabis.
8. Can you get a marijuana DUI?
Yes. They can measure the amount of THC in your blood and it must be below 5 nanograms. How exactly they plan to test drivers for cannabis consumption is a mystery, since the amount of THC that remains in a person depends upon the person. Everyone is different. The marijuana DUI is still a work in progress.
9. What about our friends the Feds?
As always, this relationship is one of extreme strain. In August, the Feds said that they would no longer interfere with the legal states. However, we can't really be sure that the Feds will stand by that statement or not.
Five Very Credible People Who Support Cannabis
Category: Culture | Posted on Fri, January, 3rd 2014 by THCFinder
Celebrities support cannabis and this is a common fact. There are tons of artists that have songs about smoking blunts and drinking and selling/buying weed. Plus, with the stress of such a fast paced life, who wouldn't be smoking bud? But while celebrities have a huge effect on society, they don't seem to have the same effect on politicians. The following five people have been involved (or are involved) in politics and are supporters of cannabis legalization.
1. Joycelyn Elders is a Former US Surgeon General. During and after her tenure, she spoke out regarding many policies, including the legalization of cannabis.
2. Politician Ron Paul served as state rep in Texas and helped to cosponsor the States' Rights To Medical Marijuana Act. He's voted in favor of multiple hemp and cannabis related issues. Unfortunately, since he didn't have bottomless pockets, he didn't get elected for President like a lot of stoners hoped.
3. As an actor-gone-politician, Jess Venture has said numerous times that the legalization of marijuana would help to lower crime rates everywhere and boost the American economy up out of its slump.
4. Oprah has admitted to smoking ganja before. While she may not be a direct politician, she is an activist for many causes and could do wonders with her sway over society to promote the legalization of cannabis, including influence politicians. No one is safe from the media.
5. Obama himself has admitted to using cannabis. Not only that but he's the subject of a good amount of cannabis related memes around the internet.
Having the support of influential people like these is extremely important. If we have important politicians on our side, then our voices might be heard. Cannabis stands a better chance of becoming legal with every day that passes. It will be a great day when we can finally smoke where ever we want and get our cannabis from reputable places, rather than dark parking lots.
Is The Price For Legal Marijuana In Colorado Too High?
Category: Culture | Posted on Fri, January, 3rd 2014 by THCFinder
The Perc Struggle
Category: Culture | Posted on Thu, January, 2nd 2014 by THCFinder
There's multiple different kinds of percs that get put in to bongs these days. As more glass artists appear on the market, more and more interesting percolators become available. Most people know the traditional ones like the shower head, the dome, and the tree. But these days, there's a lot more going on in that filtration device than you think! Here's three of the newest, most eye catching percs that are available to stoners!
This has to be my personal favorite. The fritted disc perc is basically a sheet of crushed glass with hundreds of holes. The smoke is filtered through these multiple holes. Not only does this make the hit incredibly smooth, it looks incredible. The fritted disc is definitely something awesome that is just now seeming to make a big appearance on the market.
These pieces are absolutely incredible! While not only being extremely photogenic, the honeycombs resemble the fritted discs but are slightly more put together, rather than just being a sheet of crushed glass. The honeycomb considerably cools down the smoke and allows the user to take bigger hits!
Combining the Dewar perc with low placed arms that form a swirling pattern, this kind of perc is like a remade version of the ring perc that is found in some pieces. The appeal of the pinwheel is the "slow draw", although this method hasn't been proven to increase high. The hit from a pinwheel is incredibly smooth.
Some people think that by getting a piece with a percolator in it is a waste of money. There are stoners who are 100% against them, claiming that a regular bong with a straight pipe is exactly the same as any piece containing a perc. In my personal experience, this is completely untrue. By having a perc in your bong, the smoke is filtered and cooled, allowing you to take smoother, bigger hits. It's highly recommended that you buy bongs that contain some sort of perc, depending on your personal preference! The choice can be hard but you'll be thankful when you're taking those huge hits!
Best Winter Smoke Spots
Category: Culture | Posted on Mon, December, 30th 2013 by THCFinder
For most people, this time of year includes a world full of cold snow. Even though the temperature may be freezing, stoners still love to smoke in different places, even if it means bundling up! Winter is a gorgeous time of year for some people and smokers who deal with this white stuff six months out of the year always have a favorite spot to chill and smoke when it's cold outside. These are the top five places to smoke during the snowy winter!
Of course smoking in front of the fire place would be on this list! While some stoners don't have the liberty of being able to do this, those that can take full advantage. There's nothing like sitting in front of a nice warm fire while a snowstorm rages outside and you share a joint/bowl/bong with someone you care about, whether it be a boyfriend, girlfriend, or group of buddies.
Most people who live in snowy areas know how to make an igloo. What else are you going to do with the four feet of snow on the ground? Making an igloo not only provides a dope spot to toke, but you will be enjoying nature but yet staying out of the real cold. You can make igloos big enough for friends or just yourself. Just make sure that you make a chimney or the hot smoke may collapse your creation!
Hotboxing a car in a blizzard is an epic experience. Watching the snow fall can become a seriously time consuming activity. This situation can also be spent driving around but it's not recommended if it's actually snowing. Best to wait until the storm stops if you're going to cruise, otherwise it's fun just to park somewhere and get high.
Skiers and snowboarders alike love to smoke weed on the chairlift and it's pretty awesome. Sharing a joint while the lift takes you above the treetops is seriously epic. The scenery is great, the feeling of being on the mountain is great, and it's just an awesome place to be getting stoned.
If you have the option, taking a hike can be a cool way to get high. Roll a joint or a blunt, bundle up, and travel along the snowy woods. If it's just snowed, the woods get eerily quiet and definitely beautiful. Hikes are a favorite of cold weather stoners.
- 180,834 Views Category: Odd
- 142,718 Views Category: Fun
- 132,843 Views Category: Culture
- 90,208 Views Category: Culture
- 89,681 Views Category: Fun
- 88,575 Views Category: Culture
- 71,467 Views Category: Culture
- 68,716 Views Category: Odd
- 61,447 Views Category: Fun
- 54,410 Views Category: Fun