Stoner's Rights When Dealing With Cops
Category: Culture | Posted on Fri, December, 13th 2013 by THCFinder
Getting pulled over happens way more than we would like it to. It seems as if even the smallest infraction these days merits those flashing blue lights. What do you do if you're smoking or have recently smoked and the cop smells it or suspects it? How do you handle that situation? It's a lot easier than people think, as long as you possess some small amount of self control.
1. Don't be a smart ass and mouth off. If you act respectful to them in the first place, they're not going to have any reason to mess with you. By being polite, you can pretty much avoid any sort of confrontation, even if your car does smell of cannabis.
2. Agreeing to let them search you is totally unnecessary. If you have anything in the car (and even if you don't), do not consent to a search without a warrant. If they find anything without that warrant, you just got yourself in to a whole heap of trouble. If they ask to search your car, say no.
3. Unless they're writing you a ticket or you're getting arrested, they have no reason to hold you. Politely asking "am I free to go?" will make the police office send you on his way if he has no reason to detain you.
4. If you happen to be detained, the first words out of your mouth should be that you want a lawyer. Don't say anything to any cop before your lawyer gets there. Remain silent and quiet. Don't resist or make the situation worse.
Cops are trained to think that everyone is a criminal. So don't act like a criminal and you can usually get let go with a simple warning. Acting shady will only get you treated badly. Following these simple rules will hopefully keep you and your friends out of trouble if you ever have an unfortunate run in with the police.
Music In The Grow Room
Category: Culture | Posted on Fri, December, 13th 2013 by THCFinder
For anyone who grows any kind of plant, they've probably heard the idea of playing music near the plants stimulates a positive response from the plant. Depending on the kind of music, the plants grow bigger and stronger, giving the grower a bigger yield. But the growth of the plant depends on the kind of music that is played for the plant, with some genres producing extremely satisfying results in the plants.
The original experiment was done in different rooms, where single tones were played. The first room had a steady tone playing for multiple hours. In the second room, the tone was played for a few hours and then shut off for a few hours. The third chamber had no tone playing. It was found that the plants in the first chamber not only died, but died quickly, while the plants in the second chamber grew the fastest and most healthy. The plants in the last chamber grew at about a normal rate. When the tones were changed to smooth relaxing music compared to rock music, the smooth music plants actually grew towards the radios in the room, while the rock music plants died within 15 days.
There are vineyards around the world that are installing speakers above their grapes that play classical music. The grapes next to the speakers are growing larger than those away from the speakers. It's an incredibly positive response but only happens with the classical, more calming music. So if you can, putting a music playing device in the grow room probably isn't such a bad idea. Even if the plants don't show a huge difference in growth, at least your grow room will be ambient and calming.
Remember that if you're going to play music, it should be played intermittently throughout the day. Continuous music may have negative effects on the plants and you don't want that. With some low volume classical, hopefully your plants will respond in a good way. There are skeptics who disbelieve the experiments done to test this theory, so trying it out for yourself is probably your best bet.
Baby Bree's Story
Category: Culture | Posted on Thu, December, 12th 2013 by THCFinder
The effectiveness of parenting does not depend on the usage of cannabis. Those of you that have heard of little baby Bree Green know this very well. For those that have been living in the shadows, baby Bree is an 8-month-old that was forcibly removed from her parents care, after authorities deemed the parents not fit to care for their child due to their marijuana use. Michigan law allows caregivers to grow small amounts of plants in their homes and the law also states that unless the person's behavior creates an unreasonable source of danger to the child. The danger has to be seriously apparent and must be proven. In Bree's case, both of her parents are caregivers. Her father suffers from epilepsy and her mother uses cannabis to combat multiple sclerosis symptoms.
This is not the first time that parents have suffered because of their belief in cannabis. Parents of children who are using RSO for cancer treatments have had child services called on them because they do no subject their child to chemo. The people calling claim that the parents are abusing their children. Not only is this a ridiculous claim, but an ass backwards one. Putting a child through chemotherapy can be traumatizing. Ask a cancer survivor who suffered while young. They'll tell you how horrifying it is to lay in a hospital bed, waiting for their heart monitor to flatline. No child should have to do that and those that don't see the attempted effort to help the children are blind.
Baby Bree has thankfully be returned to her parents, after a long and exhausting legal battle with the state. This is a great accomplishment for the cannabis community, even though the child should have never been removed from her home in the first place. There are so many factors in this situation that make Bree's parents amazing people. Parents shouldn't be punished for simply trying to help their kids avoid suffering. Modern medicine is extremely unstable in children most of the time and there can be long lasting effects. And the parents of children should be allowed to be caregivers without the threat of their children being taken. Being punished for trying to help themselves and others? Not okay.
Pros And Cons Of Hemp Production
Category: Culture | Posted on Wed, December, 11th 2013 by THCFinder
Growing hemp is a bursting industry. There are millions of dollars to be made as the amazing (non psychoactive) form of cannabis beings to take root in the US. The plant can be used for just about anything, from clothing to fuel. A lot of people think that growing hemp could eliminate a lot of the problems that the United States are dealing with. Saving fossil fuels and trees is very important with the human population constantly growing and hemp is the one plant that can help with that.
As said above, the benefits of hemp are endless. It takes up less space and yields a great deal more than cotton. It doesn't get you stoned either, so it's technically not even a drug. By inhaling this stuff, all you're likely to get is a massive headache and a strong drive to get real bud. Hemp is in the process of making a lot of people rich as well, showing how much of a financial gain it would be if the hemp industry were to really take hold.
While the majority of the facts about hemp are pros, there are some cons as well. Since hemp plants don't depend on gender like the cannabis plant, there is no need to pull the males from the crop. If the males in a hemp crop are producing a large amount of pollen and there's a medical cannabis outdoor grow somewhere close by, a windy day can result in the destruction of an entire cannabis field. Which means that there will have to be measures put in place to make sure that doesn't happen.
The most money to be made from cannabis relies on the medical aspect. As an incredible medicine, cannabis is sure to bring hope in to a lot of peoples' lives that have tried all that they can for a cure. But if both hemp and cannabis were allowed to be produced without bullying from the federal government, there is a large amount of money to be made and an even bigger amount of people to be helped. It is incredibly important to know the benefits of industrial hemp as well as medical marijuana, as both can benefit the economy and society overall.
The Best Music While Stoned
Category: Culture | Posted on Tue, December, 10th 2013 by THCFinder
Different people like different music. Stoners especially tend to love tunes and constantly have some sort of music player close by. Since there are so many different genres of music, every stoner probably has something different playing. The following genres are the most popular among stoners it would seem, all for different reasons. Of course, this list will be different in a few years, once there is some new type of music released that stoners love. Keep in mind that there are a lot of different definitions of what music falls in to what genre, so if you disagree on what bands are classified under what genre, please understand that everyone has a different view!
- Classic Rock; This would be the music that people immediately just label as stoner music. Led Zepplin, Grateful Dead, The Doors, etc. These bands seem to always be playing in a hippie's car or room. While not all stoners still listen to this kind of music, no one can deny that it is the original genre of the potheads.
- Dubstep; Somewhat of a new introduction to the music world (and still not accepted by everyone), the dubstep music has a lot of bass, interesting beats, and occasionally some crazy lyrics. This music is excellent to drive to, as the hard bass drops will keep you focused on driving, instead of wandering off in to space. Dubstep can also be good to chill and smoke to, since it's such an interesting combination of sounds.
- Hip Hop/Rap; Since the two are pretty close and both are popular with stoners, I felt it acceptable to group these two together. Another sort of classic stoner genre, rap and hip hop love to feature marijuana in the lyrics they write, as well as show off their stoner tendencies.
- Reggae; Another classic stoner genre, reggae is popular among stoners of all ages. This particular type of music probably had the most effect on the stoner movement, promoting the enlightening and life improving effects that marijuana seems to have on people.
- Indie Rock/Alternative; Bands like City And Color and Bright Eyes may be sad but can create an extremely relaxing environment. Of course, there are many of other bands in this genre that aren't nearly as sad as these two, so check it out and you may find that you like it.
More Smokers Leading To Less Failed Drug Tests?
Category: Culture | Posted on Mon, December, 9th 2013 by THCFinder
Employee drug testing is a huge issue in the cannabis community right now. Since the laws are changing, it's hard to imagine employers still trying to test for THC, especially in a legal or medical state. If the law and your doctor say you can smoke, but you can't get a job because the hiring party tests for THC? Smokers don't even get a chance to prove their worth. They're eliminated as soon as they fail the test. But oddly enough, as more people start to smoke pot and be open about their choice to do so, the rate of failed drug tests is falling.
The American medical testing company, Quest Diagnostics, analyzed the results of drug testing only to discover that those testing positive for marijuana has fallen under 2%. This study was based on millions of drug tests, submitted to the company by employers. Results show a steady decline in positive marijuana test results over the past ten years. Granted, the rate was at 3% in 2002, it's strange that there would be a decrease... Or stoners have just outsmarted the test. Considering that there are so many people smoking these days, I'd say that we've outsmarted employers for sure.
Declining positive test results is happening for a few reasons. One would be the fact that most people are aware of what companies and jobs call for the pre employment drug test. If the smoker is aware that the test is coming, they can refrain from smoking. This method isn't always the most assuring, since THC can sit in fat cells for months. While some continuous smokers can manage to pass a drug test within two weeks of stopping their smoking, not everyone is as lucky and some people fail months down the road.
There's also the ways that stoners have thought of to pass a drug test. This include using synthetic urine, detox drinks, and a non-smokers urine. These methods are the most reliable, with the exception of the detox drinks. Faking it is probably the best method that stoners have come up with in order to pass the tests. With so many easy ways advertised to help you pass, more smokers are resorting to this way of passing than any other.
- 183,595 Views Category: Odd
- 144,589 Views Category: Fun
- 134,636 Views Category: Culture
- 92,481 Views Category: Culture
- 91,926 Views Category: Fun
- 90,596 Views Category: Culture
- 73,367 Views Category: Culture
- 70,935 Views Category: Odd
- 63,404 Views Category: Fun
- 56,313 Views Category: Fun