Hemp flag flying high over the Capitol building
In a screenshot from the farm bill debate Rep. Jared Polis holds the hemp flag. (Courtesy C-SPAN)The flag flying over the Capitol building on the Fourth of July might look like your typical Old Glory.
But you probably won’t notice the fibers that make it special. It’s believed to be the first hemp flag to flutter over the dome since the government began outlawing marijuana’s less-recreational cousin back in the 1930s.
Colorado hemp advocate Michael Bowman is the man responsible for getting the flag, made from Colorado-raised hemp and screen-printed with the stars and stripes, up there.
He cooked up the idea while lobbying Congress this year to include pro-hemp measures in the farm bill. That legislation failed, of course, but the seed of the hemp flag had been planted.
Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) gave Bowman an assist with the details, which included working with the Capitol’s flag office. (The flag programallows people to buy flags flown over the Capitol, so they rotate in new Old Glories nearly every day.)
“It’s a powerful symbol,” Bowman says, adding that the red, white and blue flying over the Capitol is a reminder of the role that hemp played in the founding and early days of the country. Betsy Ross’s flag was made of hemp, he notes, and Colonial settlers even paid their taxes in the crop — it was used for all kinds of goods, from rope to fabric to paper. Those Conestoga wagons heading west were covered in canvas fashioned from hemp fibers.
So, he thought having it fly on America’s birthday seemed pretty appropriate.
After its Capitol flight, the flag will make its way back to Colorado, where it will fly over the state capitol building in Denver. After that, Bowman is sending it out on a tour of state houses in states where there’s legislation pending that would legalize hemp. One of the first up: Vermont.
And while advocates are quick to point out that hemp lacks the THC content beloved by stoners, this will still be one high-flying flag.
Why You Should Vape
Why You Should Vape
Lighting the flame to your love's buring desire has become like second nature to you, and seeing the flame light the tip of your blunts has become like ritual to you.
Still, there is another way for you to enjoy all the amazing things that Mary has to offer without actually burning her. Vaporizors are the wave of the future, and with so many cool features it's increasingly becoming more and more popular amongst smokers circles around the world.
Vapes are designed to give you the most out of every hit and drag,
without any of the harmful stuff that is caused by just lighting up a blunt or a doob. If you're still wondering Why You Should Vape keep your high eyes reading, and take a look for yourself!
Vaporizers work by boiling, and then vaporizing the active ingredients in the cannabis; this means you're getting much higher than you normally would ,inhaling pure, rich, and clean THC. Smoking the ganja in this way allows no harmful carginogens or other harmful chemicals into your smoke because you're not using a lighter flame.
Not buring your sweet MJ to a crisp but gently laying her to rest, and putting you in a state of pure bliss.
Vapes are also good tools for the money saving pot head, you really are getting higher for your buck and that's always what we want.
Another feature that helps add to their populatrity is that there is no smoke, this works out for us in two different ways.The smoke that is produced when we smoke is the same smoke that causes cancer as well as other respitory disorders, so when you vape you're making the most health consious decision. No smoke also means that there is little to no smell, so
feel free loading up your vape with the loudest dank you can get your paws on
and have no worries about the neighbors catching a free contact, or callin the feds...in the world of vapes you're safe.
We love to look at the beautiful crystalic trichomes that cover delicious nugs and admire them for their one of a kind beauty and grace.
Just lighting your weed can someitmes cause the delicate grandular trichomes to be destroyed,
never getting the awesome chance to get you higher.
Vaporizers also win the taste test as far as smoking apparatuses go.
The flavors of your bud are more pure and clean, true to their roots and giving you a front row taste test when you're enjoying quality time with your vape.
With so many designs to choose from there's sure to be a vaporizer that catches your eye and can't wait to captivate your mind.
Portable ones, one hitters, all different colors, shapes, and sizes.
So go ahead smoker, run to that vape as if your life depended on it and feel what all the hype is really about, chances are you won't be dissapointed only really....really toasted.
“Bitch! You know what I want! I wanna talk to Samson! Fly me to the moon like that bitch Alice Kramden! ‘Cause it’s hard being black and gifted! Sometimes I wanna throw it all down and get lifted”!
Smoking marijuana is fun and it can relieve stress but sometimes as stoners we come across some… Stoner Problems. What are these “stoner problems” you may ask, here’s our list of problem’s that all of us stoners have dealt with.
1. Trying to smoke outside when it’s windy.
2. Having the munchies. Nothing in the fridge.
3. Your only lighter runs out of fluid.
4. Jobs that drug test.
5. You start panicking because you had something to do in an hour and got carried away smoking… it’s only been 5 minutes.
6. Every destination is 10 times further than it is when you’re sober.
7. You set the fire alarm off in your work bathroom and have 2 minutes to make it stop before the entire building goes off… you’re stoned as fuck.
8. When somebody fucks up the rotation and you get skipped.
9. Your bank account hits single digits.
10. Trying to save money by buying larger amounts of weed, realize you end up smoking more of it.
11. Scraping out your pieces for resin because you ran out of weed.
12. Restaurants that don’t deliver.
13. Spilling bong water on your couch/carpet/clothes.
14. Dealers that don’t sell dub sacks.
15. When someone slobbers all over the end of the blunt.
16. Waiting an hour before an edible kicks in.
17. Every car is a cop car.
18. Roommates that don’t have any weed but insist on smoking your weed.
19. Your dealer gets arrested.
20. Trying to pack a piece or roll a joint in a car at night using the ceiling lights inside… not suspicious at all.
21. Smoking people out who never return the favor.
22. Your girlfriend doesn’t know you smoke.
23. Red Eyes. No Clear Eyes.
24. Driving all the way to your favorite fast food joint and realizing their closed.
25. Your parents are always home.
26. Burping up smoke.
27. Not having air freshener, body spray, or any other way to hide the fact that you wreak of weed.
28. How much weed it takes to make decent edibles.
29. Getting ash in your mouth.
30. Trying to smoke and drive at the same time.
31. The slide on the bong breaks, you’re too lazy to buy another one.
32. When your parents ask if you’ve been smoking weed.
33. Not knowing how to make any friends any other way than by asking them if they smoke weed.
34. When you’re talking to someone high and you can’t speak right.
35. Forgetting someones name five seconds after meeting them.
Don't Fire California Teachers for Private Marijuana Use
Hemp in Wisconsin; a perfect climate and soil for growing marijuana
- 189,958 Views Category: Odd
- 149,353 Views Category: Fun
- 138,954 Views Category: Culture
- 99,112 Views Category: Culture
- 98,008 Views Category: Fun
- 97,680 Views Category: Culture
- 78,790 Views Category: Culture
- 76,990 Views Category: Odd
- 68,901 Views Category: Fun
- 61,792 Views Category: Fun