Pints vs. pot: New billboard says marijuana safer than alcohol
Category: Culture | Posted on Thu, March, 28th 2013 by THCFinder
Organizers putting up a provocative new billboard said the goal is to encourage drinkers to compare the effects of pot to the pint they're about to drink.
The Marijuana Policy Project is hosting a news conference at 10:30 a.m. Thursday in front of their new billboard at Southwest 13th and Alder Street in Portland.
The sign features a pint of beer, a glass of wine and a marijuana leaf. The words above each item, in order, say "Beer," "Wine" and "Safer."
The organization said the goal of the billboard is to highlight the "relative safety" of marijuana compared to alcohol, while also making a statement to the people who will be drinking at upcoming beer and wine festivals.
"Our goal is to make this year's beer and wine festivals as educational as they are enjoyable," said Roy Kaufmann, Oregon representative of the Marijuana Policy Project. "We simply want attendees who are drinking to think about the fact that marijuana is objectively less harmful than the pint of beer or glass of wine they have in their hands."
- 185,535 Views Category: Odd
- 145,724 Views Category: Fun
- 135,802 Views Category: Culture
- 94,085 Views Category: Culture
- 93,578 Views Category: Fun
- 92,084 Views Category: Culture
- 74,640 Views Category: Culture
- 72,374 Views Category: Odd
- 64,683 Views Category: Fun
- 57,638 Views Category: Fun