Longmont cops shut down Mother Greens med pot shop
LONGMONT — Police on Thursday afternoon served a municipal search warrant on a medical marijuana dispensary suspected of providing medical marijuana in violation of city code and a moratorium on the businesses.
Police served the warrant at Mother Greens, 615 Ken Pratt Blvd., to look for violations of the city's code and, specifically, violations of the business' agreement with the city outlining the type of business Mother Greens is allowed to conduct at its storefront.
Cmdr. Jeff Satur said the dispensary was shut down by the city.
Mother Greens moved from the 1300 block of Vivian Street to its current location last April, according to city code enforcement officer Shannon Stadler. That move came after the city placed a moratorium on medical marijuana dispensaries.
Stadler said that after Mother Greens relocated, the city approved the business only for massage therapy and holistic medicines, and planning and zoning specifically noted that the business would no longer be allowed to provide medical marijuana.
- 184,205 Views Category: Odd
- 144,913 Views Category: Fun
- 134,940 Views Category: Culture
- 92,945 Views Category: Culture
- 92,388 Views Category: Fun
- 90,979 Views Category: Culture
- 73,710 Views Category: Culture
- 71,340 Views Category: Odd
- 63,788 Views Category: Fun
- 56,658 Views Category: Fun