Michigan state rep to introduce bill allowing medical marijuana distribution
Category: Dispensaries | Posted on Mon, February, 18th 2013 by THCFinder
Here is some hope for Michigan Medical Marjuana patients in need of their meds.
Operators of Michigan's medical marijuana distribution facilities are hiding behind steel doors with peepholes and growing warier than ever of strangers after a state Supreme Court ruling this month turned them into outlaws.
That's the word from marijuana users, cannabis lawyers and operators of facilities called dispensaries and compassion clubs.
"Nobody I know in this state is advertising this service anymore -- it's all going to be word-of-mouth from now on," said Holice Wood, owner of a compassion club where medical marijuana users come to use the drug.
But a bill expected to be introduced Tuesday in Lansing could change how they operate.
State Rep. Mike Callton, a Republican from Nashville in southwest Michigan, is sponsoring a bill that would leave it up to local officials or residents to decide if they want their community to allow dispensaries and clubs -- the terms widely used in other states for shops that distribute medical marijuana.
Read more: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com
- 426,831 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 372,257 Views Category: Culture
- 285,062 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 273,903 Views Category: Fun
- 197,335 Views Category: Odd
- 155,712 Views Category: Fun
- 149,664 Views Category: Videos
- 148,847 Views Category: Nugs
- 148,477 Views Category: News
- 147,332 Views Category: Nugs