Michigan state rep to introduce bill allowing medical marijuana distribution
Category: Dispensaries | Posted on Mon, February, 18th 2013 by THCFinder
Here is some hope for Michigan Medical Marjuana patients in need of their meds.
Operators of Michigan's medical marijuana distribution facilities are hiding behind steel doors with peepholes and growing warier than ever of strangers after a state Supreme Court ruling this month turned them into outlaws.
That's the word from marijuana users, cannabis lawyers and operators of facilities called dispensaries and compassion clubs.
"Nobody I know in this state is advertising this service anymore -- it's all going to be word-of-mouth from now on," said Holice Wood, owner of a compassion club where medical marijuana users come to use the drug.
But a bill expected to be introduced Tuesday in Lansing could change how they operate.
State Rep. Mike Callton, a Republican from Nashville in southwest Michigan, is sponsoring a bill that would leave it up to local officials or residents to decide if they want their community to allow dispensaries and clubs -- the terms widely used in other states for shops that distribute medical marijuana.
Read more: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com
- 303,610 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 293,603 Views Category: Culture
- 218,191 Views Category: Fun
- 210,973 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 195,853 Views Category: Odd
- 154,547 Views Category: Fun
- 144,350 Views Category: Culture
- 114,035 Views Category: Videos
- 113,314 Views Category: News
- 112,993 Views Category: Nugs