Michigan state rep to introduce bill allowing medical marijuana distribution
Category: Dispensaries | Posted on Mon, February, 18th 2013 by THCFinder
Here is some hope for Michigan Medical Marjuana patients in need of their meds.
Operators of Michigan's medical marijuana distribution facilities are hiding behind steel doors with peepholes and growing warier than ever of strangers after a state Supreme Court ruling this month turned them into outlaws.
That's the word from marijuana users, cannabis lawyers and operators of facilities called dispensaries and compassion clubs.
"Nobody I know in this state is advertising this service anymore -- it's all going to be word-of-mouth from now on," said Holice Wood, owner of a compassion club where medical marijuana users come to use the drug.
But a bill expected to be introduced Tuesday in Lansing could change how they operate.
State Rep. Mike Callton, a Republican from Nashville in southwest Michigan, is sponsoring a bill that would leave it up to local officials or residents to decide if they want their community to allow dispensaries and clubs -- the terms widely used in other states for shops that distribute medical marijuana.
Read more: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com
- 391,180 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 351,775 Views Category: Culture
- 268,292 Views Category: Fun
- 264,017 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 196,689 Views Category: Odd
- 155,102 Views Category: Fun
- 145,114 Views Category: Culture
- 144,133 Views Category: Videos
- 143,183 Views Category: Nugs
- 143,125 Views Category: News