Anaheim begins closing medical marijuana dispensaries
Category: Dispensaries | Posted on Sat, May, 25th 2013 by THCFinder
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Anaheim is shutting down 11 medical marijuana clinics. The city has been battling the pot shops for years, but now has the California Supreme Court on its side. A new order took effect Friday, forcing the clinics to close down.
"We have issued cease-operation letters to the 11 dispensaries within the city limits and at 1 o'clock today they are to be shut down," said Ruth Ruiz, a city of Anaheim spokesperson.
The move comes after the state Supreme Court recently ruled cities can ban marijuana dispensaries.
Last week, the city of Garden Grove started its enforcement, and like Anaheim, it's warning those that stay open face a $1,000-per-day fine and possible criminal charges.
A week ago, Eyewitness News found one dispensary in Garden Grove referring customers to a new dispensary located in an Anaheim building. No one answered the door at the location Friday.
At OC Farmacy, a sign tells customers they're closed until further notice.
At one time there were more than 140 marijuana dispensaries operating in Anaheim. Officials say code enforcement reduced that number to 11.
Read more: http://abclocal.go.com
- 343,589 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 322,066 Views Category: Culture
- 244,761 Views Category: Fun
- 237,526 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 196,192 Views Category: Odd
- 154,757 Views Category: Fun
- 144,641 Views Category: Culture
- 132,452 Views Category: Videos
- 131,441 Views Category: Nugs
- 131,244 Views Category: News