Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Close in Garden Grove
Category: Dispensaries | Posted on Wed, May, 15th 2013 by THCFinder
"Closed" signs were outside some medical marijuana dispensaries Wednesday morning after the city of Garden Grove ordered more than 60 businesses to close or face fines of $1,000 each day and possible criminal charges.
City officials last week had letters hand-delivered to 63 medical marijuana shops. Garden Grove, at about 18 square miles, has the highest concentration of pot clinics in all of Orange County.
Opponents of the ban packed Tuesday night's City Council meeting to protest the closures. However, no action related to medical marijuana shops was scheduled on the meeting agenda.
"I'm coming out if the closet as a medical marijuana patient," patient Mary Lochen told the council. "You see there are a whole lot of us that are invisible to you."
During public comment, resident Don Baird said the proliferation of medical marijuana shops in the city has "gotten out of hand."
Read more: http://www.nbclosangeles.com
- 376,831 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 345,471 Views Category: Culture
- 264,681 Views Category: Fun
- 258,050 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 196,429 Views Category: Odd
- 154,906 Views Category: Fun
- 144,868 Views Category: Culture
- 143,890 Views Category: Videos
- 142,907 Views Category: Nugs
- 142,718 Views Category: News