Medical marijuana sellers respond to DEA shutdown
Category: Dispensaries | Posted on Sun, May, 5th 2013 by THCFinder
One of eleven medical marijuana sellers in Seattle told to shutdown this week by the Drug Enforcement Administration is speaking out, pleading for state government to defend its own law and suggesting the federal government’s policy will force him to be a “drug dealer”.
“Either we trust our government, or all the people that are willing to do this are just taking a risk and we’re all being stupid,” explained Douglas Gerdes, owner of The Only Natural in Ballard.
Gerdes received a letter from the DEA Tuesday, telling him he was violating federal law for selling an illegal narcotic and operating within 1,000 feet of a school. He has 30 days to comply.
“I would love for the DEA to come out here and take a look,” Gerdes said, “I’m not doing anything wrong.
According to Washington law, Gerdes is right. His “collective garden” is a smaller form of a dispensary. He is growing 20 plants and has just eight ounces on sale, far below what small pot gardens are allowed. He sells medical marijuana to a small group of patients.
Since federal law supersedes state law, what Gerdes and every other medical marijuana seller is doing is illegal.
Read more: http://www.king5.com
- 376,842 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 345,472 Views Category: Culture
- 264,686 Views Category: Fun
- 258,055 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 196,429 Views Category: Odd
- 154,906 Views Category: Fun
- 144,868 Views Category: Culture
- 143,890 Views Category: Videos
- 142,907 Views Category: Nugs
- 142,718 Views Category: News