The only thing that bakes at room temperature ; )
How To Tell A Movie Wasn't Made By Stoners
Have you ever noticed in movies that involved smoking, sometimes it seems a little off? Like maybe the characters aren't the potheads they're supposed to be? It's easy to tell when a movie wasn't made by someone who smokes. Here are a couple of the ways that the writers can mess up when writing a pothead flick.
1. If someone buys a quarter from a dealer in a movie, which as most know is 7 grams, and the bag is either huge or teeny tiny, they messed up. All stoners are pretty familiar with what a bag looks like when it contains 7 grams. When someone hands off a seriously light looking bag, most of the time, stoners will call it out.
2. Smoking a bong requires that the slide be removed... Right? Some have a built in carb somewhere, usually in the back of the piece where the thumb is. But usually, glass bongs especially, don't have the built in carb. When an actor hits the bongs and then sets it down immediately without removing the bowl piece, it wasn't a real hit.
3. Over portraying stoner stereotypes is a sure way to get found out that the movie wasn't made by potheads. Actors and actresses that take the role too far are too obvious. Playing the stoner can only be played by a true stoner. When a person takes the pothead part too far, it's just not believable.
4. Being able to go about daily tasks as a pothead is usually pretty easy. While some potheads do go off on adventures with friends and sometimes get lost, taking an entire night to get to White Castle isn't the logical... Although at least they can still make this scenario funny. The situation is exaggerated but stoners can still laugh at it without feeling like they've been portrayed the wrong way.
5. Pot plants only grow under certain conditions. In some movies, the characters carry pot plants in to ridiculous situations, such as car rides. While I'm sure that a plant can survive for a small amount of time in a vehicle to be transported, carrying around a marijuana plant in the car is not smart, nor is it good for the plant.
Have you seen something off in one of your favorite pothead movies? If so, email it to me at email@example.com for a second installment of this piece!
- 182,538 Views Category: Odd
- 143,940 Views Category: Fun
- 134,011 Views Category: Culture
- 91,490 Views Category: Culture
- 91,098 Views Category: Fun
- 89,885 Views Category: Culture
- 72,621 Views Category: Culture
- 70,149 Views Category: Odd
- 62,721 Views Category: Fun
- 55,622 Views Category: Fun