How To Deal With A Buzzkill
While you may not think that Dane Cook is funny, he came up with a brilliant point during one of his standups that perfectly names the one stoner in the group that just... Well they suck. He aptly named this friend "Karen" and stated that every single group of friends has one. It's totally true. There are always people who get stoned and want to talk about deep life decisions or how they think that the world will be taken over by giant spider aliens that shoot lasers from their eight eyes. People get weird when they get high.
When a Buzz Killington shows up in your smoke circle, there's quite a few things that you can do to get them to shut up or leave. The buzz kill will hang on as long as they can to make sure that they feel like they're part of the group. To get a buzz kill to stop brutally attacking to positive vibes in the room, I've found that if you just kind of ignore them, they will either get that what they're saying is a bummer or they'll leave. That's the not so nice way... I use this method on people that seem to never have their own weed or who constantly have something sad to talk about when they're high.
The nicer way to tell someone that they're a buzz kill is to straight up tell them. You can either do this in front of the other friends or you can pull them aside. Basically, all you need to say is "hey man... You're bumming everyone out". If the person is chill, they'll get it and attempt to lighten their mood. This situation can still go wrong when your friend now translates from buzz kill to extreme paranoia and then they think you're yelling at them.
Dealing with a buzzkill comes with the territory of smoking! It takes some skill to master but I'm sure that in no time, you'll be able to calmly express to your rain cloud friend that bumming everyone out kills them vibe. If the friend doesn't understand, there's not a whole lot you can do other than say "see ya!"
Bongs Aren't Always Glass...
Bongs are the greatest smoking device. They cool off the smoke, they hit hard, and they come in a variety of colors, shapes, sizes, and complexity. Most people are familiar with the glass bongs, which are the most popular. Plastic works as well but never hits as cleanly as glass. There has to be other things to smoke out of though right? Here are five of the coolest bongs that I could find on the internet that aren't made of glass and would still make your friends jealous.
1. Coconut Bong
This is a bong that must be smoked on a visit to a tropical place! There would be nothing cooler than sitting on a beach with white sand and turquoise water smoking dank out of a coconut. They look cool and already come with water that happens to enhance your smoking experience by flavoring your weed like the tropical fruit! To make this awesome contraption, I found a simple way that you can do it yourself.
What You'll Need:
To start, match the drill bit to the straw that you will be inhaling from. Drill out one of the holes already on the coconut. Next, make sure thatuor drill bit fits the down stem as well. Drill out another one of the holes on the coconut. Test out what you've done so far and make sure that everything fits. Next, drill out the third hole and this will be the carb. Congrats, you've finished your coconut bong! Be sure not to push down on the coconut too hard when you're drilling. They can and will crack. Now, time to pack it up and enjoy some coconut flavored smoke!
2. Bamboo Bongs
These amazing creations are another piece that has a tropical feel. These unfortunately are a little more difficult to make and I recommend buying them rather than making them yourself. They are intricate and beautiful, not to mention their naturalness gives the smoke a very clean, naturey feel to it. I suggest trying one of these out if you can, as it is definitely an uplifting experience!
3. Lego Bong
This one is pretty complicated but is sure to be the center of attention among your pot head friends. Not only that but this piece can be constructed during smoke sessions. How much fun it is it to play with legos while you're stoned? While it may be questionable if the bong would hold water, I have a solution for you! Mix a little bit of glue with some water and paint the outside of the bong with the liquidy glue. Now it's airtight and water tight! Time to get stoned off some legos!
4. Game Controller
Talk about nostalgia! This piece isn't quite a bong but how can you deny the awesomeness of smoking out of an N64 controller? The game system was great when we were young and it's great now! Thankfully, someone thought to themselves "we could smoke out of this..." And hence this masterpiece!
5. Ice Bong
This is something you attempt when you're feeling brave. Making a nice bong requires that you create some sort of mold that the water will sit in while it freezes. While that may seem complicated, some people (myself included) can see how dope it would be to smoke out of something like this, even though it'll only last a short time.
Ten Successful People Who Admit To Smoking Weed
Category: Fun | Posted on Fri, September, 27th 2013 by THCFinder
The Marijuana Policy Project is something that every pothead should familiarize themselves with. The group, which works to promote the education of people about anything related to marijuana. Not only that but they released one of the best lists ever put out on to the web; a top 50 of seriously successful celebs that toke up and aren't ashamed to say it. I've chosen ten of the fifty from that list to share with you. You can see the full list at www.mpp.org.
- Bill Maher, a well known comedian, has no shame in admitting that he's smoked. Good for him, as there should never be shame in saying you love getting baked!
"Look, I have never made a secret out of the fact that I have tried marijuana... About 50,000 times." - YouTube
- Senator Rand Paul apparently kidnapped a woman (who remained nameless in the original GQ interview because of professional reasons) with a friend, blindfolded her and brought her to their apartment. Once they were there, the two guys tried to make their prisoner take bong hits. I don't know if it was weed the senator was smoking but hopefully his next experience doesn't (or didn't) involve kidnapping friends!
- Most widely known for his complete about face from anti-pot to "it's probably a good thing", Dr. Sanjay Gupta has openly admitted to trying marijuana. His recent documentary was watched around the world by stoners everywhere and was taken as a huge victory for the legalization movement. Thanks to Dr. Gupta, more people have opened their eyes to the powers of cannabis because he helped to educate them... And at least we know he's smoked at least once in his day!
- Not only did Mayor Michael Bloomberg take a hit from the bong, but he admits to enjoying it! The Mayor of New York City is definitely someone who could help out in the push for legalization!
- Michael Phelps has been one of the front celebrities in marijuana memes around the internet. By typing a few simple words in to google, hundreds of Phelps memes pop up saying "Winners don't smoke weed... CHAMPIONS DO!" It's pretty awesome that multiple gold medal athletes are smoking in their spare time just like us.
- Amidst playing God and being one of the most well known (and liked) actors today, Morgan Freeman openly supports pot and has been quoted saying "Never give up the ganja." Well, Freeman, we won't be giving it up any time soon as long as you keep putting out movies about the tragedies and conquests of penguins.
- Arts and crafts are Martha Stewart's area of expertise but let's face it, all of that fine detail work had to come from somewhere and perhaps that somewhere was rolling joints! In a quote taken from Laist, Martha states "Of course I know how to roll a joint". Maybe she should do a special on joint rolling once marijuana becomes legal...
- Andrew Sullivan, a British blogger and commentator, was busted with pot in 2009. He only received a ticket for the possession but the case was dismissed the next month in July.
- Justin Bieber's music is pretty bad and he's kind of a punk but he's been showing off his anti-childhood star side lately by getting in to the news with what else? Pot. He was photographed smoking a blunt and then later, his tour bus was found to contain pot at the Canadian border. Add the fact that Bieber's plane pilot says that Bieber and crew pull up to the airport with smoke pouring out their windows and I'd say we have a serious advocate for legalization in the coming years. And whether or not you like the Biebs, he's got a lot of influence that could really help out the cause!
- While South Park mercilessly rips on Sarah Palin, at least she's honest about her consumption of marijuana. While in an interview with CBS News, she stated "I can't claim a Bill Clinton and say that I never inhaled". At least Palin has no shame!
- 188,255 Views Category: Odd
- 147,818 Views Category: Fun
- 137,662 Views Category: Culture
- 96,921 Views Category: Culture
- 96,330 Views Category: Fun
- 95,109 Views Category: Culture
- 76,984 Views Category: Culture
- 75,210 Views Category: Odd
- 67,262 Views Category: Fun
- 60,052 Views Category: Fun