Phoenix prepares for legalization of recreational marijuana
Medical-marijuana facilities may soon have fewer options of where to open in Phoenix, through zoning changes the city is considering in advance of a possible statewide vote to make recreational use of the drug legal.
The city’s planning and development department is proposing stricter regulations for new dispensaries, cultivation sites and infusion facilities. Industry advocates say the changes would make it even more difficult to find locations where they could operate.
New medical-marijuana sites would have to be farther from places of worship and residential areas, if the changes are approved. They also would have to follow new requirements on their distance from day-care centers, homeless shelters and youth community centers.
- 193,424 Views Category: Odd
- 152,376 Views Category: Fun
- 141,872 Views Category: Culture
- 104,419 Views Category: Culture
- 102,780 Views Category: Culture
- 101,767 Views Category: Fun
- 82,210 Views Category: Culture
- 80,390 Views Category: Odd
- 72,305 Views Category: Fun
- 65,677 Views Category: Fun