Phoenix prepares for legalization of recreational marijuana
Medical-marijuana facilities may soon have fewer options of where to open in Phoenix, through zoning changes the city is considering in advance of a possible statewide vote to make recreational use of the drug legal.
The city’s planning and development department is proposing stricter regulations for new dispensaries, cultivation sites and infusion facilities. Industry advocates say the changes would make it even more difficult to find locations where they could operate.
New medical-marijuana sites would have to be farther from places of worship and residential areas, if the changes are approved. They also would have to follow new requirements on their distance from day-care centers, homeless shelters and youth community centers.
- 192,773 Views Category: Odd
- 151,815 Views Category: Fun
- 141,330 Views Category: Culture
- 103,378 Views Category: Culture
- 101,921 Views Category: Culture
- 100,994 Views Category: Fun
- 81,573 Views Category: Culture
- 79,726 Views Category: Odd
- 71,643 Views Category: Fun
- 65,052 Views Category: Fun