Greek Official Calls for Marijuana Legalization
On Greek TV, a Greek official calls for marijuana legalization for recreational purposes. The official in question is Yiannis Tsironis. He’s the Deputy Minister for Agriculture, originating from Greece’s Green Party. Yeah, we figured as much.
THE GREEN IN GREECE
Like many other countries, our own included, Greek federal policy outlaws cannabis.
Despite the country’s history of producing hashish, authorities officially criminalized the plant in 1890. Although the cultivation and possession of hashish were illegal, Greek citizens continued to use it. Particularly after the first World War. Greek soldiers, as well as refugees from other countries, used cannabis. The prohibition was not particularly forceful or effective at that point.
Although cannabis (and other drugs) is still illegal in Greece, lawmakers have eased the policies regarding it.
- 192,610 Views Category: Odd
- 151,675 Views Category: Fun
- 141,199 Views Category: Culture
- 103,149 Views Category: Culture
- 101,693 Views Category: Culture
- 100,831 Views Category: Fun
- 81,410 Views Category: Culture
- 79,565 Views Category: Odd
- 71,506 Views Category: Fun
- 64,911 Views Category: Fun