Greek Official Calls for Marijuana Legalization
On Greek TV, a Greek official calls for marijuana legalization for recreational purposes. The official in question is Yiannis Tsironis. He’s the Deputy Minister for Agriculture, originating from Greece’s Green Party. Yeah, we figured as much.
THE GREEN IN GREECE
Like many other countries, our own included, Greek federal policy outlaws cannabis.
Despite the country’s history of producing hashish, authorities officially criminalized the plant in 1890. Although the cultivation and possession of hashish were illegal, Greek citizens continued to use it. Particularly after the first World War. Greek soldiers, as well as refugees from other countries, used cannabis. The prohibition was not particularly forceful or effective at that point.
Although cannabis (and other drugs) is still illegal in Greece, lawmakers have eased the policies regarding it.
- 194,271 Views Category: Odd
- 153,136 Views Category: Fun
- 142,705 Views Category: Culture
- 105,602 Views Category: Culture
- 103,959 Views Category: Culture
- 102,685 Views Category: Fun
- 83,006 Views Category: Culture
- 81,284 Views Category: Odd
- 73,249 Views Category: Fun
- 66,558 Views Category: Fun