Greek Official Calls for Marijuana Legalization
On Greek TV, a Greek official calls for marijuana legalization for recreational purposes. The official in question is Yiannis Tsironis. He’s the Deputy Minister for Agriculture, originating from Greece’s Green Party. Yeah, we figured as much.
THE GREEN IN GREECE
Like many other countries, our own included, Greek federal policy outlaws cannabis.
Despite the country’s history of producing hashish, authorities officially criminalized the plant in 1890. Although the cultivation and possession of hashish were illegal, Greek citizens continued to use it. Particularly after the first World War. Greek soldiers, as well as refugees from other countries, used cannabis. The prohibition was not particularly forceful or effective at that point.
Although cannabis (and other drugs) is still illegal in Greece, lawmakers have eased the policies regarding it.
- 194,678 Views Category: Odd
- 153,574 Views Category: Fun
- 143,278 Views Category: Culture
- 106,399 Views Category: Culture
- 104,622 Views Category: Culture
- 103,170 Views Category: Fun
- 83,504 Views Category: Culture
- 81,771 Views Category: Odd
- 73,866 Views Category: Fun
- 73,814 Views Category: Culture