Texas Town Pushes for Marijuana Legalization to Combat Cartel Traffic
Cannabis Cultivation Decriminalized in Spain?
Crowds count down to legalization of marijuana in Oregon, then light up
PORTLAND, Ore. (Reuters) - Crowds counted down the minutes to midnight then lit up joints as smoking marijuana became legal in Oregon on Wednesday, part of a growing legalization movement spreading down the United States' west coast.
Hundreds gathered on the Burnside Bridge in downtown Portland and smoked under the glow of a neon city sign, marking the moment that the law allowing recreational use, backed by voters in November, came into effect.
The legislation opens the way for shops to sell marijuana by next year - though some lawmakers say they will still try to block retail outlets.
Similar legislation is already in force in Alaska and Washington State, reflecting a shifting legal landscape for a drug that remains illegal under federal law.
It’s Full Speed Ahead For Marijuana Legalization In California Next Year
New Challenges As Marijuana Legalization Advances; Nice Problems To Have
New Jersey: New Poll Finds Majority Support For Legalizing Marijuana
- 186,201 Views Category: Odd
- 146,084 Views Category: Fun
- 136,179 Views Category: Culture
- 94,566 Views Category: Culture
- 94,090 Views Category: Fun
- 92,698 Views Category: Culture
- 75,037 Views Category: Culture
- 72,881 Views Category: Odd
- 65,138 Views Category: Fun
- 58,065 Views Category: Fun