Cannabis Cultivation Decriminalized in Spain?
Crowds count down to legalization of marijuana in Oregon, then light up
PORTLAND, Ore. (Reuters) - Crowds counted down the minutes to midnight then lit up joints as smoking marijuana became legal in Oregon on Wednesday, part of a growing legalization movement spreading down the United States' west coast.
Hundreds gathered on the Burnside Bridge in downtown Portland and smoked under the glow of a neon city sign, marking the moment that the law allowing recreational use, backed by voters in November, came into effect.
The legislation opens the way for shops to sell marijuana by next year - though some lawmakers say they will still try to block retail outlets.
Similar legislation is already in force in Alaska and Washington State, reflecting a shifting legal landscape for a drug that remains illegal under federal law.
It’s Full Speed Ahead For Marijuana Legalization In California Next Year
New Challenges As Marijuana Legalization Advances; Nice Problems To Have
New Jersey: New Poll Finds Majority Support For Legalizing Marijuana
All forms of medical marijuana are legal, Canadian court rules
- 191,920 Views Category: Odd
- 151,009 Views Category: Fun
- 140,613 Views Category: Culture
- 102,058 Views Category: Culture
- 100,662 Views Category: Culture
- 100,057 Views Category: Fun
- 80,687 Views Category: Culture
- 78,899 Views Category: Odd
- 70,761 Views Category: Fun
- 64,199 Views Category: Fun