Potent Pot: Marijuana Is Stronger Now Than It Was 20 Years Ago
Pot is becoming more potent, a new study suggests.
In the study, the researchers looked at more than 38,600 samples of illegal marijuana seized by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration over 20 years. They found that the level of THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol— marijuana's main psychoactive ingredient — in the marijuana samples rose from about 4 percent in 1995 to about 12 percent in 2014.
Conversely, the level of CBD, or cannabidiol — an ingredient sometimes touted for its potential health benefits — fell from about 0.28 percent in 2001 to less than 0.15 percent in 2014.
Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Patients To Hold News Conference And Rally At Capitol
New York Will Consider Major Upgrades to Medical Marijuana Program
California Governor Signs Bill To End Medical Marijuana Deadline
Maine: Medical Marijuana Industry Call Organizers Working to End Prohibition “Scumbags”
Possible Recalls In Signal Hill And Medical Marijuana Ballot Measure Splits In Two
- 188,286 Views Category: Odd
- 147,850 Views Category: Fun
- 137,697 Views Category: Culture
- 96,977 Views Category: Culture
- 96,382 Views Category: Fun
- 95,169 Views Category: Culture
- 77,042 Views Category: Culture
- 75,266 Views Category: Odd
- 67,304 Views Category: Fun
- 60,083 Views Category: Fun