Legalizing Medical Marijuana in Florida
There have been several attempts over the past few years to legalize medical marijuana in the state of Florida, all falling far short of their goal. Now, if one state representative gets his way, the Florida constitution may be amended to legalize medical marijuana. Jeff Clemens of Lake Worth, FL has submitted a bill the last couple of legislative sessions that would allow voters to decide the issue of medical marijuana, and he says he will do so again if he is elected to the State Senate, a post he is currently battling for. He is facing only a write-in candidate, so he is likely to win.
Florida is a heavily populated state with a large senior segment of the population. Since seniors suffer from more ailments than their younger counterparts on average, they can benefit greatly from legal medical marijuana. Many say that Mr. Clemens has little chance of success with his medical cannabis crusade, but every law has to start somewhere. Freedom, once taken, is not easily restored.
If you live in Florida and care about medical marijuana, you must make your voice heard to your local representative or state senator.
- 187,462 Views Category: Odd
- 147,011 Views Category: Fun
- 136,966 Views Category: Culture
- 95,791 Views Category: Culture
- 95,423 Views Category: Fun
- 94,021 Views Category: Culture
- 76,077 Views Category: Culture
- 74,079 Views Category: Odd
- 66,255 Views Category: Fun
- 59,121 Views Category: Fun