Legalizing Medical Marijuana in Florida
There have been several attempts over the past few years to legalize medical marijuana in the state of Florida, all falling far short of their goal. Now, if one state representative gets his way, the Florida constitution may be amended to legalize medical marijuana. Jeff Clemens of Lake Worth, FL has submitted a bill the last couple of legislative sessions that would allow voters to decide the issue of medical marijuana, and he says he will do so again if he is elected to the State Senate, a post he is currently battling for. He is facing only a write-in candidate, so he is likely to win.
Florida is a heavily populated state with a large senior segment of the population. Since seniors suffer from more ailments than their younger counterparts on average, they can benefit greatly from legal medical marijuana. Many say that Mr. Clemens has little chance of success with his medical cannabis crusade, but every law has to start somewhere. Freedom, once taken, is not easily restored.
If you live in Florida and care about medical marijuana, you must make your voice heard to your local representative or state senator.
- 385,829 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 349,094 Views Category: Culture
- 267,899 Views Category: Fun
- 261,336 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 196,556 Views Category: Odd
- 155,001 Views Category: Fun
- 145,008 Views Category: Culture
- 144,008 Views Category: Videos
- 143,057 Views Category: Nugs
- 142,954 Views Category: News