Florida Medical Marijuana Initiative Has Collected Over 100,000 Signatures
Category: Medical Marijuana | Posted on Sat, August, 17th 2013 by THCFinder
Advocates, in roughly a months time, have collected over 100,000 signatures for a Florida initiative aimed at legalizing medical cannabis in the state. Proponents of the proposal had to collect approximately 70,000 signatures to have the initiative reviewed by the Florida Supreme Court, a number they reached quickly, and easily.
Once the review process is over, roughly 685,000 signatures will need to be gathered by February 1st to put the initiative to a vote in the November, 2014 general election.
The group behind the initiative - United for Care - is being headed by Orlando attorney John Morgan, who’s a former fundraiser of President Obama. Morgan has vowed to do “whatever it takes” to get the initiative on the ballot and approved, and plans to spend over $20 million on the campaign.
Polling released in February found that only 24% of Florida residents oppose medical cannabis legalization, with 70% being in support.
Read more: http://www.theweedblog.com
- 194,682 Views Category: Odd
- 153,578 Views Category: Fun
- 143,280 Views Category: Culture
- 106,402 Views Category: Culture
- 104,626 Views Category: Culture
- 103,171 Views Category: Fun
- 83,508 Views Category: Culture
- 81,772 Views Category: Odd
- 74,076 Views Category: Fun
- 73,986 Views Category: Culture