Balkan States Move Toward Medical Marijuana
Three of the Balkan states to emerge from the ashes of Yugoslavia a generation ago are now among the first countries in the ex-communist world to move toward embracing medical marijuana.
Australian firm MGC Pharmaceuticals just announced a deal to distribute its cannabis-derived products in Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia. MGC is partnering with the Slovenian supplier Mikro+Polo to market its phytocannabinoid-derived Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in the three countries, according to Australia’s Business News.
Perth-based MGC was established three years ago by veterans of the Israeli medical marijuana industry. Late last year, it harvested its first test crop of cannabis in Slovenia and has established a facility in the country’s capital, Ljubljana, where it is isolating cannabidiol (CBD) for use in its products, including a CBD-infused skincare ointment.
- 485,013 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 401,033 Views Category: Culture
- 315,102 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 279,433 Views Category: Fun
- 198,682 Views Category: Odd
- 156,922 Views Category: Fun
- 155,209 Views Category: Videos
- 154,161 Views Category: Nugs
- 149,881 Views Category: News
- 148,818 Views Category: Nugs