Potent Pot: Marijuana Is Stronger Now Than It Was 20 Years Ago
Pot is becoming more potent, a new study suggests.
In the study, the researchers looked at more than 38,600 samples of illegal marijuana seized by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration over 20 years. They found that the level of THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol— marijuana's main psychoactive ingredient — in the marijuana samples rose from about 4 percent in 1995 to about 12 percent in 2014.
Conversely, the level of CBD, or cannabidiol — an ingredient sometimes touted for its potential health benefits — fell from about 0.28 percent in 2001 to less than 0.15 percent in 2014.
Mormon Church Comes Out Against Utah Medical Marijuana Bill
Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Patients To Hold News Conference And Rally At Capitol
New York Will Consider Major Upgrades to Medical Marijuana Program
California Governor Signs Bill To End Medical Marijuana Deadline
Maine: Medical Marijuana Industry Call Organizers Working to End Prohibition “Scumbags”
- 191,136 Views Category: Odd
- 150,285 Views Category: Fun
- 139,753 Views Category: Culture
- 100,803 Views Category: Culture
- 99,380 Views Category: Culture
- 99,148 Views Category: Fun
- 79,887 Views Category: Culture
- 78,061 Views Category: Odd
- 69,965 Views Category: Fun
- 63,135 Views Category: Fun