Elizabeth Warren To The CDC: Look Into Medical Marijuana To Fight Opioid Addiction
Potent Pot: Marijuana Is Stronger Now Than It Was 20 Years Ago
Pot is becoming more potent, a new study suggests.
In the study, the researchers looked at more than 38,600 samples of illegal marijuana seized by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration over 20 years. They found that the level of THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol— marijuana's main psychoactive ingredient — in the marijuana samples rose from about 4 percent in 1995 to about 12 percent in 2014.
Conversely, the level of CBD, or cannabidiol — an ingredient sometimes touted for its potential health benefits — fell from about 0.28 percent in 2001 to less than 0.15 percent in 2014.
Mormon Church Comes Out Against Utah Medical Marijuana Bill
Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Patients To Hold News Conference And Rally At Capitol
New York Will Consider Major Upgrades to Medical Marijuana Program
California Governor Signs Bill To End Medical Marijuana Deadline
- 191,602 Views Category: Odd
- 150,684 Views Category: Fun
- 140,339 Views Category: Culture
- 101,526 Views Category: Culture
- 100,184 Views Category: Culture
- 99,704 Views Category: Fun
- 80,356 Views Category: Culture
- 78,559 Views Category: Odd
- 70,428 Views Category: Fun
- 63,737 Views Category: Fun