Nevada Health Official Predicts Medical Marijuana Patient Numbers Will Quadruple Soon
California NORML Opposes Medical-Only Marijuana Tax
A 15 Percent Medical Marijuana Sales Tax Proposed In California
Patient Advocates Bring Medical Marijuana Issues To United Nations
Elizabeth Warren To The CDC: Look Into Medical Marijuana To Fight Opioid Addiction
Potent Pot: Marijuana Is Stronger Now Than It Was 20 Years Ago
Pot is becoming more potent, a new study suggests.
In the study, the researchers looked at more than 38,600 samples of illegal marijuana seized by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration over 20 years. They found that the level of THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol— marijuana's main psychoactive ingredient — in the marijuana samples rose from about 4 percent in 1995 to about 12 percent in 2014.
Conversely, the level of CBD, or cannabidiol — an ingredient sometimes touted for its potential health benefits — fell from about 0.28 percent in 2001 to less than 0.15 percent in 2014.
- 191,924 Views Category: Odd
- 151,010 Views Category: Fun
- 140,615 Views Category: Culture
- 102,062 Views Category: Culture
- 100,665 Views Category: Culture
- 100,061 Views Category: Fun
- 80,691 Views Category: Culture
- 78,899 Views Category: Odd
- 70,762 Views Category: Fun
- 64,201 Views Category: Fun