D.A.R.E. Published an Op-ed Calling for Marijuana Legalization
The war on drugs is over, and weed won? D.A.R.E., the organization designed to plant a deep-seated fear of drugs in the minds of every late-20th-century middle schooler, published an op-ed calling for marijuana legalization (which they now say was published by mistake, see the update at the bottom of this post).
Written by former deputy sheriff Carlis McDerment in response to a letter in the Columbus Dispatch, the op-ed explains that it's impossible for law enforcement to control the sale of marijuana to minors. "People like me, and other advocates of marijuana legalization, are not totally blind to the harms that drugs pose to children," McDerment writes. "We just happen to know that legalizing and regulating marijuana will actually make everyone safer."
Lawmakers Call For Investigation Into DOJ's Continued Crackdown On Medical Marijuana
NIDA Admits That Marijuana Has Medicinal Value
Legal weed crossing state borders: No big deal?
Advocacy Group Launches The Truth About Medical Marijuana Educational Series
Santee Sioux in South Dakota Set to Begin Marijuana Sales
- 185,527 Views Category: Odd
- 145,722 Views Category: Fun
- 135,797 Views Category: Culture
- 94,083 Views Category: Culture
- 93,571 Views Category: Fun
- 92,079 Views Category: Culture
- 74,638 Views Category: Culture
- 72,368 Views Category: Odd
- 64,679 Views Category: Fun
- 57,632 Views Category: Fun