Irish Are Emigrating in Search of Medical Marijuana
Oregon Generated Almost 3.5 Million Dollars In Recreational Marijuana Taxes In 1st Month
'Marijuana' ads fail Google policy test
New Zealand Stoners Are Facing a Pot Shortage
New Orleans City Council Doesn’t Want People Arrested For Personal Marijuana Possession
Legal marijuana: A $44 billion business by 2020?
The growing acceptance and legalization of marijuana is helping the U.S. cannabis industry expand well beyond niche status. It's forecast to pump from $24 billion to $44 billion annually into the country's economy by 2020, according to an industry publication.
At the upper end of that forecast, published in the Marijuana Business Factbook 2016, it means sales of medicinal and recreational marijuana and related products and services would nearly equal the annual revenues of such Fortune 500 firms asFedEx (FDX) and Lockheed Martin (LMT), should current trends continue.
Put another way, that $44 billion is just shy of Panama's $46.2 billion GDP and ahead of Serbia's $43.9 billion. Even if the industry publication's forecast is a bit puffed up, cannabis is clearly heading for the big time.
- 191,619 Views Category: Odd
- 150,699 Views Category: Fun
- 140,353 Views Category: Culture
- 101,560 Views Category: Culture
- 100,213 Views Category: Culture
- 99,720 Views Category: Fun
- 80,373 Views Category: Culture
- 78,578 Views Category: Odd
- 70,439 Views Category: Fun
- 63,767 Views Category: Fun