Legal marijuana: A $44 billion business by 2020?
The growing acceptance and legalization of marijuana is helping the U.S. cannabis industry expand well beyond niche status. It's forecast to pump from $24 billion to $44 billion annually into the country's economy by 2020, according to an industry publication.
At the upper end of that forecast, published in the Marijuana Business Factbook 2016, it means sales of medicinal and recreational marijuana and related products and services would nearly equal the annual revenues of such Fortune 500 firms asFedEx (FDX) and Lockheed Martin (LMT), should current trends continue.
Put another way, that $44 billion is just shy of Panama's $46.2 billion GDP and ahead of Serbia's $43.9 billion. Even if the industry publication's forecast is a bit puffed up, cannabis is clearly heading for the big time.
Oregon Health Authority’s Marijuana Extract Policy Hurts Patients That Are Suffering The Most
New technique could more accurately measure cannabinoid dosage in marijuana munchies
Pittsburgh NORML Issues Statement On Martavis Bryant NFL Suspension
GW Pharmaceuticals’ Stock Value Grows After Study Results Revealed
- 191,799 Views Category: Odd
- 150,891 Views Category: Fun
- 140,503 Views Category: Culture
- 101,860 Views Category: Culture
- 100,460 Views Category: Culture
- 99,932 Views Category: Fun
- 80,556 Views Category: Culture
- 78,786 Views Category: Odd
- 70,642 Views Category: Fun
- 64,047 Views Category: Fun