DEA could reclassify marijuana, allowing doctors to conduct more research
DENVER — Marijuana users, researchers and investors are eager to hear whether federal officials will remove pot from the same drug classification as heroin, LSD and bath salts.
Federal drug officials say they are considering removing marijuana from what’s known as Schedule 1 classification, with a decision expected this summer.
The current classification makes it illegal to prescribe and declares that marijuana “has no currently accepted medical treatment use," although 24 states permit some form of medical marijuana use.
New Hampshire: Senate Punts Marijuana Decriminalization Bill To Hostile Conference Committee
Oakland Establishes Drug War Reparations and Passes Marijuana Equity Program
Frustrated Marijuana Legalization Supporters Head For The White House
Colorado Governor Now Thinks That Marijuana Legalization Is Working, No Longer ‘Reckless’
Report: Southern California Cops Steal from 1 out of 10 People Without Conviction
- 189,738 Views Category: Odd
- 149,188 Views Category: Fun
- 138,830 Views Category: Culture
- 98,618 Views Category: Culture
- 97,797 Views Category: Fun
- 97,372 Views Category: Culture
- 78,615 Views Category: Culture
- 76,786 Views Category: Odd
- 68,733 Views Category: Fun
- 61,587 Views Category: Fun