'Marijuana' ads fail Google policy test
New Zealand Stoners Are Facing a Pot Shortage
New Orleans City Council Doesn’t Want People Arrested For Personal Marijuana Possession
Legal marijuana: A $44 billion business by 2020?
The growing acceptance and legalization of marijuana is helping the U.S. cannabis industry expand well beyond niche status. It's forecast to pump from $24 billion to $44 billion annually into the country's economy by 2020, according to an industry publication.
At the upper end of that forecast, published in the Marijuana Business Factbook 2016, it means sales of medicinal and recreational marijuana and related products and services would nearly equal the annual revenues of such Fortune 500 firms asFedEx (FDX) and Lockheed Martin (LMT), should current trends continue.
Put another way, that $44 billion is just shy of Panama's $46.2 billion GDP and ahead of Serbia's $43.9 billion. Even if the industry publication's forecast is a bit puffed up, cannabis is clearly heading for the big time.
Oregon Health Authority’s Marijuana Extract Policy Hurts Patients That Are Suffering The Most
New technique could more accurately measure cannabinoid dosage in marijuana munchies
- 192,615 Views Category: Odd
- 151,677 Views Category: Fun
- 141,203 Views Category: Culture
- 103,154 Views Category: Culture
- 101,706 Views Category: Culture
- 100,836 Views Category: Fun
- 81,414 Views Category: Culture
- 79,572 Views Category: Odd
- 71,513 Views Category: Fun
- 64,913 Views Category: Fun