Legal marijuana: A $44 billion business by 2020?
The growing acceptance and legalization of marijuana is helping the U.S. cannabis industry expand well beyond niche status. It's forecast to pump from $24 billion to $44 billion annually into the country's economy by 2020, according to an industry publication.
At the upper end of that forecast, published in the Marijuana Business Factbook 2016, it means sales of medicinal and recreational marijuana and related products and services would nearly equal the annual revenues of such Fortune 500 firms asFedEx (FDX) and Lockheed Martin (LMT), should current trends continue.
Put another way, that $44 billion is just shy of Panama's $46.2 billion GDP and ahead of Serbia's $43.9 billion. Even if the industry publication's forecast is a bit puffed up, cannabis is clearly heading for the big time.
Oregon Health Authority’s Marijuana Extract Policy Hurts Patients That Are Suffering The Most
New technique could more accurately measure cannabinoid dosage in marijuana munchies
Pittsburgh NORML Issues Statement On Martavis Bryant NFL Suspension
GW Pharmaceuticals’ Stock Value Grows After Study Results Revealed
- 193,036 Views Category: Odd
- 152,043 Views Category: Fun
- 141,537 Views Category: Culture
- 103,743 Views Category: Culture
- 102,234 Views Category: Culture
- 101,276 Views Category: Fun
- 81,819 Views Category: Culture
- 79,981 Views Category: Odd
- 71,910 Views Category: Fun
- 65,300 Views Category: Fun