Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 179,543 Views Category: Odd
- 141,917 Views Category: Fun
- 132,167 Views Category: Culture
- 89,478 Views Category: Culture
- 88,701 Views Category: Fun
- 87,701 Views Category: Culture
- 70,666 Views Category: Culture
- 67,756 Views Category: Odd
- 60,523 Views Category: Fun
- 53,467 Views Category: Fun