Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 178,669 Views Category: Odd
- 141,444 Views Category: Fun
- 131,697 Views Category: Culture
- 88,938 Views Category: Culture
- 88,105 Views Category: Fun
- 87,203 Views Category: Culture
- 70,174 Views Category: Culture
- 67,169 Views Category: Odd
- 59,961 Views Category: Fun
- 52,867 Views Category: Fun