Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 171,205 Views Category: Odd
- 137,582 Views Category: Fun
- 127,642 Views Category: Culture
- 84,723 Views Category: Culture
- 82,695 Views Category: Culture
- 82,557 Views Category: Fun
- 66,417 Views Category: Culture
- 62,477 Views Category: Odd
- 55,760 Views Category: Fun
- 48,721 Views Category: Fun