Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 187,443 Views Category: Odd
- 146,997 Views Category: Fun
- 136,949 Views Category: Culture
- 95,768 Views Category: Culture
- 95,403 Views Category: Fun
- 93,985 Views Category: Culture
- 76,054 Views Category: Culture
- 74,052 Views Category: Odd
- 66,233 Views Category: Fun
- 59,099 Views Category: Fun