Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 185,500 Views Category: Odd
- 145,701 Views Category: Fun
- 135,774 Views Category: Culture
- 94,052 Views Category: Culture
- 93,546 Views Category: Fun
- 92,056 Views Category: Culture
- 74,615 Views Category: Culture
- 72,343 Views Category: Odd
- 64,657 Views Category: Fun
- 57,612 Views Category: Fun