Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 186,095 Views Category: Odd
- 146,015 Views Category: Fun
- 136,113 Views Category: Culture
- 94,486 Views Category: Culture
- 93,995 Views Category: Fun
- 92,578 Views Category: Culture
- 74,960 Views Category: Culture
- 72,795 Views Category: Odd
- 65,065 Views Category: Fun
- 57,990 Views Category: Fun