Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 189,045 Views Category: Odd
- 148,493 Views Category: Fun
- 138,282 Views Category: Culture
- 97,792 Views Category: Culture
- 97,114 Views Category: Fun
- 96,237 Views Category: Culture
- 77,861 Views Category: Culture
- 76,032 Views Category: Odd
- 68,037 Views Category: Fun
- 60,804 Views Category: Fun