Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 184,133 Views Category: Odd
- 144,869 Views Category: Fun
- 134,897 Views Category: Culture
- 92,887 Views Category: Culture
- 92,331 Views Category: Fun
- 90,913 Views Category: Culture
- 73,674 Views Category: Culture
- 71,288 Views Category: Odd
- 63,736 Views Category: Fun
- 56,608 Views Category: Fun