Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 181,539 Views Category: Odd
- 143,208 Views Category: Fun
- 133,347 Views Category: Culture
- 90,775 Views Category: Culture
- 90,276 Views Category: Fun
- 89,130 Views Category: Culture
- 71,962 Views Category: Culture
- 69,303 Views Category: Odd
- 61,958 Views Category: Fun
- 54,966 Views Category: Fun