Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 186,918 Views Category: Odd
- 146,510 Views Category: Fun
- 136,580 Views Category: Culture
- 95,115 Views Category: Culture
- 94,724 Views Category: Fun
- 93,325 Views Category: Culture
- 75,509 Views Category: Culture
- 73,444 Views Category: Odd
- 65,616 Views Category: Fun
- 58,544 Views Category: Fun