Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 177,447 Views Category: Odd
- 140,855 Views Category: Fun
- 131,144 Views Category: Culture
- 88,218 Views Category: Culture
- 87,466 Views Category: Fun
- 86,534 Views Category: Culture
- 69,627 Views Category: Culture
- 66,466 Views Category: Odd
- 59,370 Views Category: Fun
- 52,199 Views Category: Fun