Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 188,280 Views Category: Odd
- 147,842 Views Category: Fun
- 137,692 Views Category: Culture
- 96,963 Views Category: Culture
- 96,373 Views Category: Fun
- 95,154 Views Category: Culture
- 77,029 Views Category: Culture
- 75,252 Views Category: Odd
- 67,295 Views Category: Fun
- 60,075 Views Category: Fun