Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 183,824 Views Category: Odd
- 144,795 Views Category: Fun
- 134,800 Views Category: Culture
- 92,432 Views Category: Culture
- 91,925 Views Category: Fun
- 90,811 Views Category: Culture
- 73,433 Views Category: Culture
- 71,089 Views Category: Odd
- 63,570 Views Category: Fun
- 56,411 Views Category: Fun