Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 183,389 Views Category: Odd
- 144,467 Views Category: Fun
- 134,506 Views Category: Culture
- 92,319 Views Category: Culture
- 91,761 Views Category: Fun
- 90,441 Views Category: Culture
- 73,227 Views Category: Culture
- 70,789 Views Category: Odd
- 63,240 Views Category: Fun
- 56,142 Views Category: Fun