Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 173,606 Views Category: Odd
- 138,899 Views Category: Fun
- 129,099 Views Category: Culture
- 86,016 Views Category: Culture
- 85,069 Views Category: Fun
- 84,325 Views Category: Culture
- 67,749 Views Category: Culture
- 64,229 Views Category: Odd
- 57,143 Views Category: Fun
- 50,099 Views Category: Fun