Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 180,563 Views Category: Odd
- 142,551 Views Category: Fun
- 132,702 Views Category: Culture
- 90,061 Views Category: Culture
- 89,496 Views Category: Fun
- 88,386 Views Category: Culture
- 71,295 Views Category: Culture
- 68,499 Views Category: Odd
- 61,261 Views Category: Fun
- 54,222 Views Category: Fun