Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 178,873 Views Category: Odd
- 141,554 Views Category: Fun
- 131,821 Views Category: Culture
- 89,075 Views Category: Culture
- 88,244 Views Category: Fun
- 87,326 Views Category: Culture
- 70,289 Views Category: Culture
- 67,301 Views Category: Odd
- 60,085 Views Category: Fun
- 52,993 Views Category: Fun