Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 172,780 Views Category: Odd
- 138,282 Views Category: Fun
- 128,497 Views Category: Culture
- 85,363 Views Category: Culture
- 84,196 Views Category: Fun
- 83,616 Views Category: Culture
- 67,168 Views Category: Culture
- 63,510 Views Category: Odd
- 56,487 Views Category: Fun
- 49,472 Views Category: Fun