Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 182,499 Views Category: Odd
- 143,910 Views Category: Fun
- 133,986 Views Category: Culture
- 91,462 Views Category: Culture
- 91,069 Views Category: Fun
- 89,857 Views Category: Culture
- 72,597 Views Category: Culture
- 70,117 Views Category: Odd
- 62,690 Views Category: Fun
- 55,600 Views Category: Fun