Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 182,943 Views Category: Odd
- 144,215 Views Category: Fun
- 134,260 Views Category: Culture
- 91,868 Views Category: Culture
- 91,413 Views Category: Fun
- 90,175 Views Category: Culture
- 72,939 Views Category: Culture
- 70,470 Views Category: Odd
- 62,973 Views Category: Fun
- 55,868 Views Category: Fun