Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 181,788 Views Category: Odd
- 143,383 Views Category: Fun
- 133,519 Views Category: Culture
- 90,962 Views Category: Culture
- 90,478 Views Category: Fun
- 89,315 Views Category: Culture
- 72,122 Views Category: Culture
- 69,527 Views Category: Odd
- 62,139 Views Category: Fun
- 55,111 Views Category: Fun