Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 179,836 Views Category: Odd
- 142,118 Views Category: Fun
- 132,340 Views Category: Culture
- 89,654 Views Category: Culture
- 88,924 Views Category: Fun
- 87,907 Views Category: Culture
- 70,884 Views Category: Culture
- 67,994 Views Category: Odd
- 60,754 Views Category: Fun
- 53,708 Views Category: Fun