Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 180,815 Views Category: Odd
- 142,704 Views Category: Fun
- 132,828 Views Category: Culture
- 90,196 Views Category: Culture
- 89,665 Views Category: Fun
- 88,565 Views Category: Culture
- 71,452 Views Category: Culture
- 68,695 Views Category: Odd
- 61,429 Views Category: Fun
- 54,400 Views Category: Fun