Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 185,086 Views Category: Odd
- 145,691 Views Category: Fun
- 135,629 Views Category: Culture
- 93,487 Views Category: Culture
- 92,912 Views Category: Fun
- 91,779 Views Category: Culture
- 74,317 Views Category: Culture
- 72,080 Views Category: Odd
- 64,457 Views Category: Fun
- 57,285 Views Category: Fun