Should Walmart worker with terminal cancer have been fired for using medical marijuana?
A judge is considering whether Walmart employee Joseph Casias was wrongfully terminated after he tested positive for pot. Casias' attorneys from the American Civil Liberties Union argue he is approved for medical marijuana use to treat the pain from an inoperable brain tumor, and medical marijuana users should not have "to choose between their jobs and their medicine."
But Walmart's legal representation says Michigan's law legalizing medical marijuana was never meant to regulate business or prevent civil penalties, only to protect users from criminal prosecution.
- 185,007 Views Category: Odd
- 145,409 Views Category: Fun
- 135,473 Views Category: Culture
- 93,643 Views Category: Culture
- 93,101 Views Category: Fun
- 91,699 Views Category: Culture
- 74,300 Views Category: Culture
- 71,956 Views Category: Odd
- 64,285 Views Category: Fun
- 57,232 Views Category: Fun