House Votes Down On Medical Marijuana Use
The Illinois House has voted against the legislation of medical marijuana that would have approved the use of marijuana to ease pain or nausea because of illness. The long debated issue got just 53 of the 60 votes it needed for approval on Tuesday. Democratic Rep. Lou Lang used a procedure to postpone consideration of the measure to another time.
The bill would allow people to get permission from a physician and the Department of Public Health to have marijuana plants in their home and use it for treating the symptoms of AIDS, cancer, glaucoma and other illnesses. Unfortunately other critics say that there are currently other drugs on the market that can ease pain in more or less the same manor and that Lang's bill doesn't address medical treatment just possession of pot. The Senate OK'd the bill in May.
- 226,285 Views Category: Culture
- 215,550 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 195,046 Views Category: Odd
- 168,488 Views Category: Fun
- 160,558 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 153,929 Views Category: Fun
- 143,606 Views Category: Culture
- 106,791 Views Category: Culture
- 105,031 Views Category: Culture
- 103,551 Views Category: Fun