No snow leads to cannabis bust
POLICE busted a "significant" cannabis factory because its grow lights melted all the SNOW on its roof.
Officers responding to reports of suspicious behaviour said the house was the only one not thickly blanketed after last week's snowfall.
On Thursday they raided the house in Aylestone, Leicester, and found more than 300 cannabis plants.
Police said the hi-tech growing systems gave off a lot of heat and melted the snow on the roof.
Pc Chris Gerrard said the house had been badly damaged by work to set up the cannabis factory.
He said: "The landlord has been left with a lot of clearing up to do.
"By closing this drugs factory we have disrupted a significant criminal enterprise, and stopped a large amount of drugs from reaching the streets of Leicester."
No-one was in the house. No arrests have so far been made but police said inquiries were at an early stage.
- 173,538 Views Category: Odd
- 138,851 Views Category: Fun
- 129,041 Views Category: Culture
- 85,966 Views Category: Culture
- 85,002 Views Category: Fun
- 84,250 Views Category: Culture
- 67,698 Views Category: Culture
- 64,179 Views Category: Odd
- 57,081 Views Category: Fun
- 50,054 Views Category: Fun