Pot ads on Denver buses prompt complaints
DENVER—Marijuana conference ads on Denver-area buses have law enforcement groups complaining they promote illegal drug use.
The ads for this weekend's KushCon "cannabis lifestyle" convention in Denver are believed to be the first marijuana-related advertising on public transit anywhere in the country. The ads say "Have a Kush Day!" and promote the convention. Kush is a type of marijuana and the name of the California-based sponsor, Kush Magazine.
The Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police and the Colorado Drug Investigators Association have complained about the ads to the Regional Transportation District.
The Denver Post reports that RTD will keep the ads, but modify them to better reflect that they are paid advertisements.
- 195,144 Views Category: Odd
- 153,991 Views Category: Fun
- 143,846 Views Category: Culture
- 106,985 Views Category: Culture
- 105,201 Views Category: Culture
- 103,665 Views Category: Fun
- 103,024 Views Category: Videos
- 102,986 Views Category: Fun
- 101,732 Views Category: Culture
- 99,487 Views Category: News