Pot ads on Denver buses prompt complaints
DENVER—Marijuana conference ads on Denver-area buses have law enforcement groups complaining they promote illegal drug use.
The ads for this weekend's KushCon "cannabis lifestyle" convention in Denver are believed to be the first marijuana-related advertising on public transit anywhere in the country. The ads say "Have a Kush Day!" and promote the convention. Kush is a type of marijuana and the name of the California-based sponsor, Kush Magazine.
The Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police and the Colorado Drug Investigators Association have complained about the ads to the Regional Transportation District.
The Denver Post reports that RTD will keep the ads, but modify them to better reflect that they are paid advertisements.
- 173,549 Views Category: Odd
- 138,863 Views Category: Fun
- 129,059 Views Category: Culture
- 85,978 Views Category: Culture
- 85,022 Views Category: Fun
- 84,266 Views Category: Culture
- 67,710 Views Category: Culture
- 64,195 Views Category: Odd
- 57,094 Views Category: Fun
- 50,065 Views Category: Fun