Pot ads on Denver buses prompt complaints
DENVER—Marijuana conference ads on Denver-area buses have law enforcement groups complaining they promote illegal drug use.
The ads for this weekend's KushCon "cannabis lifestyle" convention in Denver are believed to be the first marijuana-related advertising on public transit anywhere in the country. The ads say "Have a Kush Day!" and promote the convention. Kush is a type of marijuana and the name of the California-based sponsor, Kush Magazine.
The Colorado Association of Chiefs of Police and the Colorado Drug Investigators Association have complained about the ads to the Regional Transportation District.
The Denver Post reports that RTD will keep the ads, but modify them to better reflect that they are paid advertisements.
- 183,801 Views Category: Odd
- 144,780 Views Category: Fun
- 134,783 Views Category: Culture
- 92,414 Views Category: Culture
- 91,914 Views Category: Fun
- 90,791 Views Category: Culture
- 73,419 Views Category: Culture
- 71,065 Views Category: Odd
- 63,559 Views Category: Fun
- 56,398 Views Category: Fun