Tomato Grower Wrongly Caught Up In Marijuana Roundup
Category: News | Posted on Thu, April, 21st 2011 by THCFinder
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. -- Hundreds of marijuana plants were seized by police officers on 4/20, a day celebrated in the drug culture to use marijuana. But when Independence, Mo., police showed up at one man's door looking for marijuana, they found something else.
Independence police found a growing operation Wednesday afternoon: a tomato growing operation.
"What I saw today was not protection," the man told KMBC's Cliff Judy. "That was harassment, all because of where I made a purchase."
Independence police said the Missouri Highway Patrol monitors stores that sell hydroponic growing equipment, and they use those sales to track down illegal marijuana growing operations. That information is what led them to the man's door.
"The last time I checked, it wasn't illegal to grow a tomato plant, but it makes you wonder," the man said.
The man asked KMBC News not to identify him because he is an emergency responder and his job would be put at risk for speaking out.
"What is anybody going to think now?" the man asked. "I'm probably going to be pegged now as a person who was growing something, but they couldn't figure it out."
- 264,561 Views Category: Culture
- 262,506 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 195,488 Views Category: Odd
- 191,278 Views Category: Fun
- 183,891 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 154,285 Views Category: Fun
- 144,007 Views Category: Culture
- 107,201 Views Category: Culture
- 105,549 Views Category: Culture
- 103,948 Views Category: Fun