International Commission Reports Drug War a Failure
The Global Commission on Drug Policy released a report yesterday with a conclusion that the Drug War many nations are fighting is a complete waste of time a resources. The Global Commission boasts a 19-member panel that includes the former U.N. Chief and several other high powered world leaders.
The Commission said that as enforcement efforts increased, so did the illegal use of drugs. "The drugs are infiltrating the local power in several parts of the world. Corruption is increasing, and the consumption of drugs is also increasing," said Fernando Cardoso, who chaired the commission.
Recommendations were made to countries currently fighting the losing battle. The commission recommended decriminalization of most drugs, and an increase in public health policies geared towards drug problems.
- 426,831 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 372,257 Views Category: Culture
- 285,062 Views Category: Medical Marijuana
- 273,903 Views Category: Fun
- 197,335 Views Category: Odd
- 155,712 Views Category: Fun
- 149,664 Views Category: Videos
- 148,847 Views Category: Nugs
- 148,477 Views Category: News
- 147,332 Views Category: Nugs