Parents' Marijuana Possession Gets Their Kids Taken Away
Category: News | Posted on Fri, August, 19th 2011 by THCFinder
The state is once again crossing the line and in our opinion comitting unconstitutional crimes by taking away kids from their parents over a harmless plant!
It was a small amount of marijuana, but it cost a Bronx parent dearly.
The New York Times has a story about New York City caseworkers taking away the son and niece of Penelope Harris, after police found 10 grams of marijuana in her apartment (which is less than the limit threshold for a misdemeanor) according to her lawyer.
The piece is only the latest controversial story involving New York marijuana policy.
In February, it was reported that the NYPD arrested 50,383 people for having marijuana in 2010. That made it the number one reason for arrest in the city.
In March, news broke that New York spent $75 million last year putting people in jail for pot possession.
Last spring, drug policy reform advocates and two members of the City Council gave New York City a satirical award for having the most marijuana arrests in the world.
- 193,004 Views Category: Odd
- 152,020 Views Category: Fun
- 141,516 Views Category: Culture
- 103,703 Views Category: Culture
- 102,202 Views Category: Culture
- 101,239 Views Category: Fun
- 81,794 Views Category: Culture
- 79,962 Views Category: Odd
- 71,864 Views Category: Fun
- 65,282 Views Category: Fun