Richard Branson asked for weed at the White House
Category: News | Posted on Mon, March, 19th 2012 by THCFinder
When you go to a White House state dinner and you’re lucky enough to get some face time with the president, what do you ask the president?
“I asked him if I could have a spliff,” businessman and Virgin Group honcho Richard Branson told a crowd gathered at The Atlantic’s Washington offices Thursday, the day after attending the dinner for British Prime Minister David Cameron.
“But they didn’t have any,” Branson continued, according to a video of the event as he recalled his effort to procure weed the night before at the White House.
What’s he smoking? Well, Branson is a longtime advocate for the legalization of marijuana — and an admitted recreational pot puffer — and spoke at an Atlantic Exchange panel discussion titled “Benchmarching the War on Drugs.” Branson appeared alongside The Atlantic’s Washington Editor-At-Large Steve Clemons and Ethan Nadelmann, the executive director of the Drug Policy Alliance.
- 190,154 Views Category: Odd
- 149,530 Views Category: Fun
- 139,087 Views Category: Culture
- 99,486 Views Category: Culture
- 98,183 Views Category: Fun
- 98,037 Views Category: Culture
- 78,974 Views Category: Culture
- 77,222 Views Category: Odd
- 69,103 Views Category: Fun
- 62,092 Views Category: Fun